Chapter One: Mr. Cupid

The sound of the rain it's really soothing, the atmosphere is gloomy yet very relaxing, perfect time to read and have some time with myself.

My name is Lily, I'm currently studying at Ateneo University. I'm here sa Manila kasi naisipan ko mag dorm, currently my roommate is on a trip with her family in Albay. Kaya solong-solo ang place.

I looked at the window and stare at the never ending rain. I spent my hours reading, watching some kdramas, and playing video games. It's getting really bored na, since it's very repetitive.

Imagine, doing this stuffs over, over, and over again like a loop. It's kinda exhausting din. While scrolling down sa Toktik, may nadaang "ad" sa feed ko.

"Do you want to have a new friend? : Download LoveMatch to meet someone"

Due to my playful curiosity, I downloaded the app and set my profile immediately as soon as I downloaded the app.

"What picture kaya ilalagay ko sa profile ko. Hmm....feel ko ang panget ko rito".

Hours has passed, yet I can't still pick a nice profile dahil papansin ako at gusto ko maganda ako diba. I'm choosing here and there, left and right. I was getting exhausted choosing the right picture, and finally after 100 years I finally choose the right photo.

"Shet— Nadine Lustre ba this?" I sarcastically said.

I got too excited that I even put an effort to my profile and my bio. The amount of time and effort I put in this app, yet I can't even effort to make my projects and my assignments pretty and neat.

After setting my profile up, I decided to wait for someone who will match me. Seconds, minutes, and hours has passed I haven't received a single text or match.

"P*tcha, Wala bang gustong kumausap sa'kin?!?" Ani ko habang kumukulot ang aking noo.

Sadly, after many, many, many hours I even did a lot of things to attract, yet I failed to get one guy. By that time I was really hopeless, so I'm planning to delete the app.

A red dot appears and the sound of a angel notification bell rang. I swiftly opened my phone to see....

It's just a notification from Pinterest.

The level of anger and pain I've felt when I see the notification. I didn't thought that this will be really hard.

Napasabi nalang talaga ako ng "omsim pare".

Mag-aalas dose na ng hapon when I heard another notification sound. This time I prepared myself na baka isa lamang ito notification from different apps, pero nagulantang ako nang makita ko ang notification.

Finally, I finally got a match.

His name is "Mr. Cupid" na nakatira sa Manila rin at nagtatrabaho sa Krusty Krab— echos.

After accepting him, I immediately got a chat from him.

"Hi" he said sabay send ng isang nakatutuwang sticker.

I was hesitant at first baka kasi trip-trip lang ito, gaga pa naman ako.

But, I replied to him very politely very soft girl ang peg. "Hello, Kuya*.

Our conversation started pretty good and pretty great. We had a chance to get know each other and even found out that we have similarities. He likes Hamilton, just like me and that's a huge factor for me.

They say, time flies really fast when you're having fun. At tumpak nga, I looked at the clocked and saw it's already 6 p.m in the evening. I panicked and look for my cat, since I haven't fed her since morning.

My ginger cat look at me like she's about to kill me for forgetting her. A glance that seemingly indicates a lot of rage and hatred.

"Sorry na miming— heto your food oh". I gently said to my cat as I pass her bowl full of cat foods.

I opened my phone and I was overwhelmed by Mr. Cupid. His spammed me with chat with cute pics of her cat.

"Hey, Cat owner ka rin?" I said.

He immediately replied in a caps YES.

That's when our conversation continues to flourish like a flower in a field every spring season.

We laughed. We got serious. We enjoyed the presence of each other.

But, the next message that he sent was the one that made me shock.

"If you're willing to, why don't we meet up?".

Mr. Cupid was the first guy who asked me out on a date. Of course, I didn't know what to reply or what to think since it was my first time. I stared at his message for a very short period and I finally aggreed to his offer.

"Sure, we can meet up".

He replied with a cute and very adorable heart emoji.

We decided to meet up, tomorrow at Intramuros. Since it's the place near in my dormitory.

So of course, na excite ako. I disturb my cat from sleeping and pinched myself few hundred time just to make sure it's real.

Ngunit, ang kasiyahan ko ay may balot ding kaba at takot. There are instances that online meet ups are really not trust worthy—especially now that we are living in a very scary society. So I must be careful din and not let my guard down.

Although, I can't hide the fact that I'm looking forward to this meet up and very excited. Even though we just talked recently, it felt like we've been known each other for a very long time.

I couldn't sleep and I keep staring at the stars in my ceiling that I bought in a nearby store in my school.

"Lord, is this it? Mahahanap ko na na ang the one?" I said while I giggles and move back and forth in my bed.

I'm feeling a lot of emotions at the moment. Fear, Nervousness, Happy, Excited, at kung ano-ano pa. I'm just hoping that this meet up will be good and turn into a nightmare.

As the cold breeze coming from my window, and clouds continues to cry, a wave of sleepiness struck me and that was the moment I fell asleep.

I can't wait for tomorrow.