Chapter 17:A 'Secret' meeting

"May I ask, why my brothers are fighting and why you are hiding in my broken closet?" Hades asked, his calculating gaze looking straight into your soul.

"Well..." you started, your clothes shifting against the closet as you stood up. "It's a long story."

Hades' gaze flickered from you to the two gods fighting in the corner of his room, literally trying to rip each other's throats out. He crossed his arms, opened the door, and looked at you with interest and curiosity. "I have time."

⋙———————⋘

For Hermes, it has been an eventful evening. He has been sent by Zeus to keep an eye on the anomaly, which has been causing quite a stir since they landed on the holy soil of Valhalla. If he was being honest — which he seems to find hard these days — he did not do it for Zeus.

He did it purely for himself and his curiosity.

He saw how everyone seemed to be affected by the mere name of them. Even those who have not met them seemed to always gravitate towards them no matter what. Not to mention, those who have interacted with them. Poseidon? The whisper of their name. Loki? A small touch (albeit they did not know he was a snake). Even the stone-cold Thor who only glanced at them like they were just another mortal had changed his whole mindset on them. And it seemed that things were only getting worse, the longer they interacted with everyone around them. Brunhilde for example. She killed a maid for breathing wrong in their direction. But did it bother him?

Nope, it thrilled him.

He has only been watching this sight for sore eyes for an hour, although he has grown tired of this banter between the gods. He watched with boredom in his eyes at the two throwing insults at each other, his head resting on his fist while he leaned against a wall hidden in shadows. As he watched, his eyes narrowed in recognition when he saw how the anomaly shifted on their feet, clearly growing anxious. It seemed no matter how much they tried to ask questions or stop the two, they just ignored them. This is ironic since Poseidon and Lucifer were both arguing over who knew the best.

His content posture and attitude soon changed when he felt the atmosphere change. A trident and scythe soon appeared in both the god's hands. He contemplated if he should pull the anomaly away, not wanting his only entertainment to die in an accident. But it seemed he was too slow when they booked it to the opposite side of the hallway. Hermes looked at the pair fighting, sighing from how idiotic they were acting, especially in front of someone they clearly showed affection towards.

He lazily walked up the stairs, keeping a safe distance from the running anomaly. Hermes stopped behind a wall, his eyes widening slightly at the sight of them running into Hades's room.

"Such a smart yet dumb human..." he muttered, shaking his head. Before he could enter, footsteps were heard behind him, the sound of someone breathing heavily.

Deciding that it would be safer to report back to Zeus, he left his little hiding corner when Poseidon entered the room right after Hades. A satisfied smirk slowly crept on his face, replaying what he had learned from his undercover mission. But... there was something he had to do before informing Zeus of what he saw and heard.

If there is one thing everyone should know, in both humanity and divinity, is that the god, Hermes, is known as a shit-stirrer. What Zeus does not know is that Brunhilde has been conspiring with Hermes, in hopes that they could gather more information to overpower the gods.

He gently knocked on the door, knowing that Brunhilde was a workaholic and a well-known insomniac. A faint sound came from behind the door before it opened, Brunhilde standing before him still in the same clothes as yesterday. He gently smiled, bowing a little, "Good evening, Brunhilde. I think I have some valuable information..." He trailed off, waiting for her to step aside for him to enter.