Oh It's Hedonistic

Start from the beginning

"Caleb diplomacy has always been your forte, you outrank Michael, you could make him listen", Flynn suggested. "And you..."Flynn said making me stand up,"Go be a better man for your woman. Nobody wants to deal with you sulking for the rest of eternity".

"I couldn't agree more", Caleb added.

Okay, I was done with my pity party / tantrum. Evelyn told me what the problem was and I would fix it. I cared about her and I wanted to put her first now I just had to prove it. And I had an idea.

***

"Okay, enough is enough!" Damion shouted following behind Cullen and I. It only took him a solid 20 minutes to realize I wasn't going to catch up with him and I was heading in the wrong direction. Damion just let me walk following silently behind me. Until it got dark, and he got tired. "We don't have to go to the Abbey, but I don't plan on walking all fucking night in the middle of the road".

"I'm going wherever not there is!" I shouted as I turned around and started walking backwards. All it took was one look for me to know Damion was extremely pissed. "Maybe if you didn't run Ryan over we wouldn't have to walk".

"I am protecting you! You know like Heaven forced me to do!" He shouted back.

"Well I'm sorry I'm such a burden to you!"I spat sarcastically.

"It's good you know you're a pain in my ass".

My emotions were all over the place. I knew Damion didn't mean anything he just said and I didn't either. But when tears started to fill my eyes he was the first to awkwardly hug me; padding my back like I was diseased and he really didn't want to touch me.

"Whatever your problems are they're mine too... unfortunately. If you don't want to get married you don't have to get married. If you don't want to meet Michael we don't have to meet Michael. Sadly enough, I am your guardian angel so you're success is really my success. And I would rather us both be happy".

I hugged Damion back,"I can't...ever get married. I have to stay the way I am".

"And why do you think that?" Damion asked cautiously.

I just took a deep breath and lied,"because we have a lot of fallen to save. Can't mess up a good thing".

Damion pulled away from me but held on to my shoulders. I knew he was studying my face and he knew I was lying,"Whatever you're hiding will come out eventually. Avoidance won't solve the problem. And if you're that tight lipped about it it's going to be a pain in my ass when it finally comes out".

It was working for me so far. And if it ever happened what did it matter I'd be dragged down to Hell forever trapped in the pit. "There is nothing. I just want to do a good job".

"You know I consider myself smarter than the average idiot and you hang out with", I opened and close my mouth wanting to say something smart like he was the only person I hung out with. And Cullen didn't count because he was he literal part of me now. "Whatever happened in hell, whatever scared you, cannot have this much power over your life. Eternity is long, even longer if you deny yourself".

"That doesn't seem like the best advice for a guardian angel to give".

"Oh it's hedonistic, but you deserve good things in your life. And if marrying that fucking idiot makes you happy go ahead. Evelyn, I'm not a fucking idiot like those tools you make us associate with. And I've kept this to myself, because I figured you would eventually break. But it's been 4 years and I think you've just done more damage to yourself. Whatever happened in hell cannot define you. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, you can deny it like it never happened. But I will be damned again if you let hell have this victory over you".