Chapter:5

"I do"-Shubman's voice is barley audible.

"Shubman,Are you sure?You never told me about your liking towards boys"-Shahneel asked,anxiously.

" Di,I didn’t know it myself.I realised it after coming here and look at my fate di,out of all the way I could realise I am bi in the world,I realised it on a weeding house by falling for the groom" Shubman's head was lowered.

"Does Ishan know?"-Di asked.

" No"

"Are you planning to tell him,Shubi?"

"He is getting married Di.Also Ishan is straight!" Shubman felt his voice is cracking.

"Did you two ever talk about your sexuality? "-Di asked Curiously.

"No,Di.But He is marrying a girl.Isn't he?"

"Marrying a girl is easy than marrying a boy,Shubi.Specially when it is a arranged marriage.But yes,he might be straight or not,we don’t know that"

Shubman didn’t answer anything.His Di didn’t stretch the topic either for which Shubman was thankful.He felt too tired to talk about this.They both sat in silence.Then they realised it's  sunrise already.Shahneel broke the silence.

"Get up, let's go downstairs.Don't overthink the situation."

Shubman didn’t protest or answer. He got up.When they are downstairs,Shubman didn’t want to go to Ishan's room.He went to the room,where his friends were sleeping. And he adjusted himself in one corner of the bed although there weren’t enough space for him to sleep comfortably.

When Ishan woke up in the morning,Shubman wasn’t there beside him.He went outside to look for Shubman.He went to the room where his friend's are sleeping.He saw Shubman,curled in one cornar of the bed,due to lack of space.

"Wow,I have the whole bed, but he had to sleep with them even if it comes with unease" Ishan thought to himself.He woke them up,mostly so that Shubman can have more space for sleeping.

It was Ishan's mehendi day.Ishan's mother insisted they would do all type of functions that exist in wedding ritual.Ishan's friends were so excited,they were laughing, dancing, pranking others and what not.Ishan looked at them fondly.But Shubman seemed awfully calm to him.But not peaceful calm,a calm that only one can be before a storm coming.

Someone else had also noticed it.It was Mayank.Shubman was not acting obvious.But still Mayank noticed it because Mayank knew it was coming.

Mayank pulled Shubman to one side of a corridor.

"Where were you last night?When we were playing card?"-Mayank asked.

"In the roof"

"With who?"
"Alone"

"Why?And Why have you slept in our room?Ishan kept his room's door open for you"-Mayank asked suspiciously.

" I..I wanted to have some quiet time for myself"-Shubman replied not meeting Mayanks eye.

"Shubman"

"Yes"

"Whatever it is,how much absurd or impossible it seems,I will always be in your side.Just pick up the courage and ask for my help.If you need any"-Mayank said with a pointed expression.

"Matlab?"-Shubman asked surprised.

" I have seen you that night,when you kissed Ishan while he was sleeping, I have seen your jealousy toward Aditi.I have seen many more things.More than even you realising right now"

Shubman was now on the verge of crying.All those emotions,he kept burried,threatened to come out in the form of tears.

"I am a terrible friend,Mayank.You were right,You are his true best friend.You always want his best"
Shubman said with teary eyes.
"Shubman just because you love Ishan,it doesn’t make you a terrible friend"

"How! I fall in love with Ishan during his wedding ceremony, the happiest ceremony of his life!"

"Do you really think love is this easy, Shubman?Can it happens in span of two days only?It started long ago before you even realised it.You just realised it now."-Mayank said,putting an hand on Shuman's shoulder.

"But I will be a good friend, no matter how much I suffer.I won't ruin his marriage.I will keep this to myself."-saying this Shubman hurriedly went away.He wanted to stop this conversation right there.Nobody else need to know this.He will burry his feelings forever.

But destiny had something else planned maybe.Because when Mayank turned he saw a stunned figure looking at him.

It was Ishan!