Chapter:2

Next morning Shubman and Shahneel took the flight to Patna.Although his whole family was invited,his parents couldn't attend it.Shubman was overthinking the whole night before flight.So he slept through most of the flight.

When they landed, Shubman was happy to see Ishan has sent a car for them."So I am not totally forgotten ".He thought to himself.Although like Ishan, Shubman didn't frequently visited Ishan's house,but he had his fair share of visit to make everyone in Ishan's family realise that he is special friend than others.Ishan is always so charming and attention holder, that everyone wants him around.

So Ishan had many many friend. But only Shubman was that kind of friend Ishan could give away his limb happily.Shubman knew what place he helds in Ishan's life,Ishan knew that too.But past months were weird for Shubman.Like suddenly there is a glass wall between them.Everything can be seen like before,But nothing can be touched.He could feel Ishan is distancing.He always thought he is overthinking when this type thought came to his mind in past months.But today,he is regretting why he didn't take ahead that overthinking.With all these calculation in his head,he didn't even realise when he reached to their destination.

"Heeey Shubi,Hey Dii"
Shubman turned around to see a very happy and cheerful Ishan. Shubman's all calculation instantly stopped."After retirement,I would publish a series of poem only on my best friend's smile!" thought Shubman.

Shubman and Di hugged him.And went inside to meet their parents.
"Shubman and di,you guys take rest after eating,I have to go talk to the caterer.Shubi can you share room with my cousin tonight?I have booked the adjacent building for the guest and all, but it will be vacant from tomorrow" asked Ishan first time looking properly at Shubman.

"Why can't I share with you like I used to do everytime I stayed at your place?" asked Shubman surprised.
"Umm..You know,There are so many weeding materials scattered like my constumes,so you might feel suffocated.That's why".

" But Ishu I will sleep in your bed,not in your closet.I am staying with you.You know I can't sleep with complete strangers."Shubman pouted.Thats how the sleeping arrangement was settled for then.

Shubman haven't seen Ishan the entire day let alone talk to him.Shubman roamed Patna with his di as it was her first time here.It was past 12 at night and Shubman was already in bed,exhausted from all the roaming.But Shubman couldn't sleep. Overthinking was crippling him.So he waited for Ishan.His bestfriend,who is getting married in 6 days.Ishan and Shubman had a pact.When anyone would get married,the other one will leave all his work and they would be with each other for one month till the wedding day.They would travel whole India,eating all those street food,trying everything from each others bucket list.Its kinda sad how life is suddenly so much different from life he had 3 or 4 months ago.His trail of thoughts were interrupted when Ishan entered.

"Hey, Shubi.Still awake!" asked Ishan.

"We need to talk!" shubi replied with stone cold voice.

"Hey it's my marriage, don't give me this cold voice man" Ishan pouted.

"Ish am I still your best friend?"

"I am not going to answer your absurd question Shubi.You already know the answer" Ishan said after sitting in the edge of the bed.

"Mayank said he knew about this marriage months before and I get to know about this yesterday!You are avoiding me since months,you don't call me,you don't reply timely.I don't even know who you are getting married to!You could go to the caterer with me,but you choose to avoid me.Oh and I didn't miss the fact that you were avoiding eye contact!"

Shubman expected some nonsensical stammer Ishan always do when caught off guard.But he was surprised with Ishan's firm answer.

"You are overthinking Shubi, like always!The girl was Mayank's cousin's friend thats why he knew all along and I didn't want to disclose it untill it was confirm.As for today's part,I thought Shahneel Di would get bored."Ishan answered with a small smile.

After answering that Ishan went to washroom to freshen up.The answer and the smile seemed well rehearsed to Shubman.Is he missing any point?His trail if thought again interrupted with a phone call from his manager.

Manager: Hello.How are you Shubman?Have you reached safely?

Shubman:Yes.Everything is Fine.Is anything emergency? You normally don't call at this hour.

Manager: Yes.Miss Naina called me several times.She said you are not responsing since yesterday?

Oh God Naina!His 3 month old relationship.He often tends to forget she has a girlfriend.He didn't gave her his personal number yet,They mostly talk(which is very rare) with his work phone and often text with each other in WhatsApp.He haven't checked them since yesterday. He had so many thing going on in his mind and he again forgot about her.

Manager:Hello Shubman?are you there?

Shubman:Yes, Yes,I will call her.Please tell her that.

Manager:I will.Good night.

Ishan was out of washroom.Did he take a bath Shubman thought. He was only in towel wrapped in his torso.Shubman noticed his broad shoulder.His wife is going to be lucky.She is getting a smoke hot husband.Those broad chest,she can rest her head so perfectly, not to forget his heart shaped lips,It must taste so good to..Wait wait..What is he thinking. God!He needs to sleep.But he can't take his eyes off his masculinity.Was Ishan always this hot?

"Stop eye fucking the groom Shubi"Ishan commented.

*********Naina Kappor :A struggling movie star of Bollywood.*********