Ch5: Now I'm Screwed

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, no I didn't." Chica does not elaborate. Freddy gives her a questioning look and she sighs, "During the day when no one's looking I take a pizza and put it in the warmer for if I want to eat it later."

"We have a warmer?" Foxy asks.

"Yes!" Chica sounds annoyed, "From when we used to do deliveries!"

"We used to do deliveries?" Foxy asks.

"Well- no-" Chica starts.

"I never delivered anything." Bonnie interjects.

"Obviously we didn't do the deliveries, the dayshift people did." Chica explains.

"It's probably a good thing I started working here after you guys stopped delivering," You say, "cause this is really good."

"If you want we can send you some," Freddy says, "Foxy can do it, he's fast, I bet he could make it to your place in less than 30 minutes"

Foxy nods in agreement and you're almost considering it when you have a realization.

"You know where I live?"

Freddy freezes and Foxy looks away.

"Okay so don't get mad," Bonnie says, "but we totally looked through your employee file and we totally know where you live."

"What..."

"It was Freddy's idea!" Chica shouts.

"Freddy!" You say in mock offense.

"I-I just wanted to know your full name," Freddy starts defensively, "I didn't know your address would be there, I swear!"

Freddy stumbles over his words. He looks so flustered, it'd be cute if you didn't know it was earnest.

"Freddy, it's okay," You laugh, "I really don't care. Honestly, I'd've probably told you if you asked."

"That would have been... much easier." Freddy says miserably.

The five of you finish the box of pizza relatively quickly. Chica asks if you want more, to which the guys ask how much she has hidden away. She does not answer.

You stand up to throw away the pizza box, but Freddy beats you to it. You're still standing when Freddy comes back, and you feel a slight change in the air like yesterday. This time, it's Bonnie who leaps from his seat and grabs you from behind. His right arm is crossed over your front and his hand is on your shoulder, his left arm is hooked around your waist and his hand is squeezing your hip. His hand placement and the way he pulls you into his body feels rather protective, or possessive.

Your attention is stolen by a deep echoing laugh. You look in the direction of the sound, the corner, and see a man. He steps forward, into the light, and you get a good look at his features. He's tall, with pallid skin and golden blonde hair that almost falls over his eyes. He wears black slacks and the same waiter outfit as Bonnie and Freddy. He steps closer still, walking close enough you have to crane your neck to look up at him. His eyes are the same ocean blue color as Freddy. He leans down, making himself level with you. Bonnie's grip on you only tightens and you wince.

"Nice stress ball, Bonnie." Says the man in a soft low voice.

"Shut up, Goldie." Bonnie all but growls next to your ear.

The man's face contorts in anger and for a brief moment his eyes change, his scleras turn black with pinprick white pupils. He bares his teeth and vanishes, leaving the air around where he used to be slightly pressurized. This, you realize, is the feeling from last night. The other animatronics look around frantically, unable to find him.

"Boo."

Bonnie whips around, dragging you with him. The blonde man had managed to appear behind Bonnie, how you're not sure. You stare, wide eyed at him, and he laughs, humorless and deep.

"How..." You whisper.

"He can teleport," Bonnie says angrily, pressing you into him even more, "If he touches you he brings you with him. As long as I'm holding you, you're safe."

The blonde man steps back, fury consuming his features once more.

"Safe, huh." He growls. He looks around at the others briefly before looking back at you. He holds eye contact, his expression unreadable.

"(Y/n)." And with that he teleports away.

A minute goes by before Bonnie loosens his hold on you, still not fully letting go. Honestly, you're not sure if you want him to. Freddy breaks the silence.

"Apologies for my brother." He says quietly.

"Brother?" You ask, "He's your brother?"

Freddy looks more nervous than you've ever seen him and no one will make eye contact with you. Freddy just sighs, looking at the ground.

"Why wouldn't you tell me about him before?" You ask no one in particular.

"Because you wouldn't come back." Bonnie answers, barely a whisper. The only reason you heard it is because he's still so close to you.

"What?" You say, genuinely confused.

"If you knew he was around," Freddy starts carefully, "you'd feel scared and quit."

"Why would I quit cause of that?" You ask.

Freddy looks up at you surprised, "He just tried to grab you."

"No, he didn't," You say, "he just talked."

"He would've grabbed you if I wasn't holding you." Bonnie says.

With all the animatronics have been dancing around the truth with you lately, you're not sure how much you trust their opinion on this. Sure, this man, you think Bonnie called him Goldie, Goldie was intimidating but so was Foxy. First impressions don't seem to be very accurate in this place.

"How do you know?" You retort. Bonnie scoffs.

"I just know." He says.

"He's dangerous, (Y/n)." Chica says, uncharacteristically serious.

"Dangerous how?" You ask, feeling tired of not hearing the whole truth.

"He's strong," Chica adds, "stronger than us."

The 6 am bell chimes and Bonnie leads you to the door. You put your hand on the door handle, his hand still rests on your shoulder. You turn back and say one more thing before leaving.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I won't leave just cause of that. And I'm sure if I just have a conversation with Goldie like I did with you all, it'll be fine."

The animatronics share a worried knowing look before watching you leave the pizzeria.

At home you decide to go straight to bed. You've had quite the eventful day. As you attempt to sleep you think about how Bonnie was so quick to protect you. It felt practiced, even rehearsed. You wonder if your friends have planned for this situation, mapped out what they would do if Goldie appeared without telling you. You wonder if they ever planned on telling you about him and you wonder how honest what they have told you is.

Freddy had said they were brothers, and Goldie certainly did look a lot like Freddy, but what are the logistics of an animatronic having a brother? Is it because they're both bears? No, that's stupid. You wish Freddy would have explained it to you. You'll try to get more information out of him tomorrow,  you really want to get an explanation. Maybe, you should go straight to the source and ask Goldie himself, if you know how to find him, that is.

You go to sleep feeling determined, you'll get your answers tomorrow. 

└─── °∘❉U ・ × ・ U❉∘° ───┘