8. Battling the Queen

Start from the beginning

"That's my speciality!" Ruff says.

"Since when!?" Tuff argues. "Everyone knows I'm more irritating, see!?" He and his dragon spin upside down as Ruffnut and Hero groans.

"Just do what I told you!" Hiccup shouts before turning to Hero. "Once Koi is out of her chains she'll come straight towards you! Be ready!"

"Right!" Hero says, fake saluting.

"We'll be back as soon as we can!" Hiccup announces as he guides the Nadder towards the burning ships.

Ruff, Tuff and Hero fly in front of the queen and start throwing insults at it.

"Troll!"

"Butt-elf!"

"Lazy ass!"

"Bride of Grendel!"

The twins snicker at that last comment before quickly dodging the queen's fire blasts.

"Focus!" Hero scolds.

Down in the burning boats was Hiccup trying force Toothless and Koi out of their cages.

"Stay calm you two it's okay, I'm here." He assures them. "And Hero's okay as well, everything's fine." He takes a dagger out of his vest and starts cutting at the ropes tying the dragon's down.

Once they're fully cut he then starts trying to force the wooden clamp around them off but it was too durable for him to break with simply his strength (not that he truly had any...). So he uses a stick he found on the ground to try and pry the clamps off. It wasn't working and to make things worse the queen stomped on the boat, pushing everything into the water, including Hiccup and the dragons.

Hiccup swims down to them and starts pulling at the chains in desperation but after a minute or two he ran out of breath and started to pass out.

Suddenly something snatched him out of the water and onto the shore as he coughed out water and looked up at whatever saved him. "Dad?" He mutters, watching Stoick dive back into the water before noticing someone else join him. "Saga..."

Stoick and Saga swim down towards the dragons, Toothless jumps when he sees them while Koi glares.

Stoick stares at Toothless for a second before ripping the wooden clamp off of him, Saga doing the same.

Toothless look at Stoick, eyes wide opened.

Koi immediately readies herself and snatches both Stoick and Saga up, bringing Toothless to his senses. Once Koi gets out of the water she gently places the two humans down as she and Toothless stand on a boulder.

Toothless turns towards Hiccup and motions for him to get on.

"You got it, bud." Hiccup says with a smile and immediately climbs on Toothless, readying his safety belt. He then turns to Koi who was looking around for Hero. "Hero's up there with the other dragons. Go get them, we'll be right behind you."

Koi nods and quickly flies away. Hiccup and Toothless were about to do the same when a hand grasps his.

"Hiccup!" Stoick calls as he and Saga look at him with a saddened expression. "I'm sorry...for everything."

"Yeah, I am too," Hiccup sighs.

"You don't have to go up there."

"We're Vikings." Hiccup says with a small smile. "It's an occupational hazard."

"I'm proud to call you my son."

Saga chimes in and smiles gently at Hiccup. "Please tell Hero I'm sorry and that I love them when you two are safe."