2. Dragon Training (Gone Terribly)

I might've accidentally called the blue dragon a green dragon at some point, and if I did, I'm sorry.

-----

Here they were the next day. At Dragon Training...woo. They didn't want to be here. There's so many other things they could've done like fishing and...fishing!

Maybe even get eaten by the stupid dragon they stupidly saved. Anything is better than this. Well...now that they were thinking about the dragon, they started to think about other things. Like where the dragon was going or...what it was. They've never seen a dragon like that before. Was it even attacking the village? How did it get captured? So many thoughts were going through their head at such a rapid pace.

"Sure, take your time over there."

A voice brought them back to reality but they quickly wanted to go back to dreamland once they saw it was Astrid talking to them.

"Just continue without me." They huff. "I don't even want to be here."

"You know I can't do that lad." Gobber states, patting Hero's back. "Your mom would have my head on a pike."

"Awww, you have to listen to your mommy?" Ruffnut teases, before yelping when she feels a rock hit her square in the face.

"Next time it's going to be my spear." Hero threatens.

"Now, Hero, we can't hurt our friends just yet. Save that for the arena." Gobber says, pushing Hero to the entrance of the arena.

"Noooo..."

"Welcome to Dragon Training!" Gobber announces to everyone as he opens the gate.

Everybody walks inside and looks at the arena in awe.

"No turning back." Astrid breathes.

"I hope I get some serious burns." Tuffnut comments.

"I'm hoping for some mauling like on my shoulder or lower back." Ruffnut adds.

"Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it." Astrid agrees.

"Yeah, no kidding right?" Hiccup says, making his voice deeper and more monotone. "Pain. Love it."

Everybody turns to Hiccup in confusion as Hero accidentally lets out a small laugh.

"Great, who allowed him in?" Tuffnut asks.

"Let's get started!" Gobber interrupts. "The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon-" Hiccup jumps as Gobber twists his hook. "--In front of the entire village."

"Hiccup already killed a dragon so does that disqualify him or...?" Snotlout asks sarcastically, making the twins laugh.

"Don't worry." Gobber reassures Hiccup, putting an arm around his shoulder and leading him to stand with the others. "You're small and weak, that will make you less of a target. They'll see you as sick or insane and go after the more viking like teens instead."

"Isn't he great at reassuring people?" Hero whispers to no one in particular as Gobber pushes HIccup to stand next to them.

"Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight! The Deadly Deadly..."

"Speed 8, armor 16." Fishlegs mumbles.

"The Hideous Zippleback."

"Plus 11, stealth times 2."

"The Monstrous Nightmare."

"Firepower 15."

"The Terrible Terror!"