||*. 004 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

Percy's dream last night was far
from pleasant.

Gwen could tell because he woke up in a panic, letting out a small gasp as if someone had shaken him awake. She totally wasn't watching him sleep, and instead was reading her book placed in-front of her lap while she sat on her bunk crisscrossed. But if you asked Gwen what she was reading about she probably couldn't give you a good answer. She tried to focus back in on her very interesting novel she wasn't reading but became distracted elsewhere.

"You okay?" It was Luke, apparently he too noticed Percy's frightened state.

"Super." The blonde replied getting up from the floor.

Gwen was still staring at the pages of her book, looking at the letters and flipping pages but not comprehending a single word.

"We all have them, you know." Luke clicked his tongue and widened his eyes. "Intense, recurring nightmares. That's normal here."

Oh boy, Gwen knew it all too well and more than most demigods.

"And the daydreams, and the ADHD and dyslexia." Luke listed.

"Demigods just process reality differently than humans do. For the first time in your life, you're just like everyone else. Just ask Gwen." He looked in her direction.

Gwen was stunned. He did not just do that.

She looked up from her book, pretending to be nonchalant, she nodded and tried to avoid eye contact with Percy's piercing blue eyes.

He —on the other hand— was trying to look at her face. He studied her in a sort of intense manor, making Gwen extremely uncomfortable but he couldn't help it. He had seen her somewhere before but he couldn't place it. The boy was completely puzzled.

"She's the daughter of Morpheus." Luke clarified.

     "You two should get to know each other." Gwen was pissed, who did Luke think he was? Cupid? Not that Gwen was implying that's how she felt about Percy, just a metaphor.

"God of dreams. Right?" Percy took his best guess and Gwen nodded awkwardly. It seemed like her only form of communication now was nodding.

"So, does this cabin just take everyone?"

"Hermes is the god of Travelers. He welcomes anyone to be his guest, claimed or unclaimed. And that includes children of minor gods who don't have cabins. Like Gwen." Luke answered and smiled towards the girl who gave him a nasty stare.

"Are you..." Percy didn't finish his question.

"Am I unclaimed? No, Hermes is my father." Luke shrugged it off as to not make Percy feel bad.

"That doesn't matter, we're all on the same team here."

"Why is that okay? Why do they get to bring us here to just ignore some of us?"

Classic first day for a demigod— Gwen thought. Everyone goes through this phase, even she did. You are so profoundly shocked that the gods are assholes and don't care about you that you get angry. But eventually you get over it. Gwen was, besides every single night where she thought about her dad and held this massive grudge against him, but that was nothing!

"Spend too much time trying to figure out why the gods do whatever is they do, you'll drive yourself crazy." Luke continued,

"Sooner you stop worrying about that, the sooner you can enjoy what this place actually does offer."

"And what's that?"

"Glory." Luke smirked. "Come on, I wanna show you around." Luke headed for the door.