||*. 001 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

" 𝐈 was thinking more like shoving Nancy in the nearest dumpster. ".

The blonded boy smiled towards his friend after having said a pretty brutal sentence, a smile that made Gwen think he was seriously an idiot. This boy wore a blue collared shirt and was sat outside by a fountain next to someone Gwen did recognize, Grover Underwood, a saytr and resident at Camp-half blood. But now, his horns were missing and he wore a grey crew-neck with the words KANCY? MANCY? Oh, "YANCY ACADEMY" written on the chest. Don't get Gwen wrong, she appreciated her gifts— mind reading and intensely realistic dreams that usually predict the future— all thanks to her Father, Morpheus, God of dreams. However, Gwen was starting to get what the French call, pissed off. For the past two weeks she has been dreaming about the same sassy private school attendee and frankly, she wants it to be over.

He is quite annoying in Gwen's opinion, and although she didn't really know the guy, every time she dreamt about him it was as if he had no clue what was going on, always staring off into the distance. A D1 airhead. Now in her dream, he sat next to Grover who replied to his statement with a concerned,

"Oh." And continued with a,
"Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no."
"No, if there's one thing I know about bullies, it is that you should never, ever stand up to them." Grover was not very convincing in his speech Gwen thought.

"That doesn't sound right." The blonde looked confused and honestly so was Gwen. Grover why are you giving such sh*t advice? And as soon as she thought that, her attention was snagged by something in the sky. Lightning? The sky got dark and clouds started to close in making the once sunny outdoor space, dim and hazy. OK, now she was really confused. The lighting and thunder roared and made Gwen's ears ring as she winced in pain. She looked back over to see if her annoying little dream of a boy was still there and he was. But no longer sitting by the fountain, he stood directly in-front of it facing who— Gwen knew— was Nancy Bobofit, the girl who had been bullying him. Nancy was sat smack in the middle of the fountain, soaked from head to toe with water.

     "PERCY PUSHED ME!" Nancy spat out water that was caught in her throat.

     "Nancy are you okay?" Some other students ran up to her. But Percy— Gwen finally figured out his name— stood still. Another great example of Gwen's observation that the boy never knew what was going on. She thought, here this guy is, he just pushed some girl into the fountain— whether she deserved it or not— and he's CONFUSED? The lightning dragged on and Percy reached into his pocket to pull out a ball point pen. The pen was shaking back and forth in his hands with a metallic droning. A voice started that made the hair on Gwen's neck stand straight up, the voice of something she knew all too well, a monster.

"There you are. We're not fools, Percy Jackson."

"Mrs. Doods? You okay?" Percy said.

"It was only a matter of time until we found you."

And before Gwen knew it Percy was on the ground. And above him stood not 'Mrs. Doods' but a Kindly One, better known as Alecto.

Wow. Gwen thought, finally, nice to put a full name to a face, Percy Jackson. Too bad this half-blood was toast which Gwen regrettably thought would be a service to her so she'd never have to have another dream about him! But then she got sad thinking about how this would only be another fail in the records for Grover Underwood. Gwen liked Grover, he was always nice to her, nice to most everyone in fact, which was a shit deal for the cards life delt him. He was the sweetest person she knew, and he was always met with failure. It's hard to be tasked with protecting one demigod, but three? And one of them being the child of Zeus? Forget it. Gwen sympathized with the saytr, and she didn't want him to come back to camp and be met by the rath of the Counsel of Cloven Elders and Mr. D again.

And as soon as she was about to step in, even though she wasn't really sure she was able to do that in a dream, Mrs. Doods faded into dust. All that could be seen was a frightened boy laying on the concrete with a celestial bronze sword right where Alectos ribcage would've been.

"Is he dead?" One kid stated. A crowd had formed around Percy, a whole saloon of kids huddled around one, who—to them— had fainted after pushing Nancy into the fountain. All in a days work of the mist.

"Give him some room, please." came from a voice Gwen recognized.

   Chiron? She thought. And now things were starting to connect. She had hypothesized all her dreams were predicting a new member at camp. But why him? Why was he important enough for Chiron to be there and why the hell did he keep appearing in her dreams? She finally understood why Annabeth kept going on and on about this boy in her dream. Annabeth was smart, as are all children of Athena, but she was the most formidable of them all. She could tell just by the anecdotes of Gwen's dreams, Percy was the one.

 She could tell just by the anecdotes of Gwen's dreams, Percy was the one

𝐔 𝐍 𝐖 𝐑 𝐈 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍

𝐔 𝐍 𝐖 𝐑 𝐈 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍