||*. 002 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"He's it, I'm telling you!"

   Annabeth was serious, only rarely is she not and that's usually when she's joking around with Gwen. But right now was no joke.

     "Annie, I don't know, I mean-" she stopped short, she wasn't about to just burst her bestfriends bubble but she also wanted to be honest with her.

"...look, I have a feeling this maybe doesn't have anything to do with us? He might die before he even gets the chance to make it to half-blood hill.". Annabeth looked at her annoyed, this was their chance, why was Gwen hesitant?

"Chiron and Grover were seriously gaslighting that kid into thinking the Kindly One incident didn't even happen.". She rambled.

"That's only because they don't want anymore monsters to get to him! The less a half-blood knows the better, you know this." Annabeth could help but sound a little harsh.

They were walking along the lake by the Big house, it was around 7 pm which Gwen figured out because as soon as she was going to respond she heard the camp horn sound. Which meant lights out was imminent and if you weren't back at your cabin soon... bye bye dessert privileges.

"We'd better head back" Gwen said in a low voice.

     "I'm sorry. I know your dreams isn't your favorite topic of discussion but-" Annabeth was cut short.

"Talk about it at archery tomorrow morning?" Gwen interrupted and Annabeth smiled, retorting with a simple,

"Yeah, and I'm gonna school your ass."

"Oh yeah?! I might as well be a hunter of Artemis, I'm so skilled"

"Didn't realize Artemis taught her hunters to set all the targets on fire and almost burn down half the forest." Annabeth said sarcastically.

"It's called strategy, duh.". She responded with a laugh. And in return was met with an even greater giggle from Annabeth. They continued to laugh hysterically all the way back to their cabins before they went their separate ways for the night. But they wouldn't get a chance to talk tomorrow at archery, because the blonde nuisance from Gwen's dreams had been found at half-blood hill early that morning. Half-conscious and just freshly killed the Minotaur, whaling and moaning on the grassy floor in a soaking wet wool knit sweater.

   When Annabeth & Gwen reached the site and became just another camper crowding around Percy. Gwen studied his face, his features, down to a T, her dreams were exactly correct. And if she was being completely honest she felt bad for the guy, he looked pretty helpless. Right when she thought man this kid can't catch a break, she heard Chirons voice asking kindly for all the campers to take a few steps back. Percy's eyes fluttered open as they landed on Annabeths then Gwen's for a split second longer. She was shocked for the short few seconds they stared at each other until he dossed off again, but not before Chiron could say,

     "Welcome to camp, Percy Jackson."

Gwen had been tasked with the absolute honor of shoveling spoon fulls of ambrosia pudding into a delusional boys mouth.

Apparently because she "knew him" Chiron thought it be best for her to look after Percy in the infirmary. And Gwen thought it was total bull, she wasn't his protector, so why was this her responsibility? Right when she thought she could get Percy's face away from her field of view, she's stuck with him for a day. Forcibly glued next to him and listening to him mumble in his sleep. Annabeth came to visit once or twice and when she did said to Gwen,

     "He drools in his sleep." And Gwen could only respond with,

     "Trust me, I know."

By proxy, some of Percy's delusional state of being began to rub off on Gwen because she found herself talking to him while he was asleep. Asking him questions like Are you really what Annabeth says you are? And Why do you keep showing up in my dreams? But, she was always met with the same response of an incoherent mumble that sometimes sounded like he was saying 'mom?' in a longing voice. Now she really felt bad. She knew a thing or two about showing up to camp with a dead mom. And when she left the infirmary that night she almost didn't want to go, she felt this magnetic pull that asked her to stay. But she broke free of it easily and walked with Annabeth till she made it back to the Hermes cabin and was greeted by a friendly face.

"He still knocked out cold?" Said the dark eyed boy with a scar running from his upper left cheek bone to his jawline.

"Yup, he still has zero clue where he is, I feel bad" It was hard not to be honest with Luke. Gwen had always felt like she could trust him.

"Promise I'll give him a tour of the camp soon. He's still unclaimed right? That's what Annie told me."

Gwen nodded. "Yup and knowing—"

"She thinks he's the one?" He inquired.

"You know it." She said jokingly.

"Would it kill you to be optimistic about it this time? Maybe even make another friend besides Annabeth and I?" Luke egged her on.

Gwen didn't want to keep this conversation going. Luke knew how she felt so she decided to end it there.

"Lights out soldier." She did a fake salute to the cabin leader.

"Night Gwen" He chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, goodnight" Gwen scoffed and rolled up in her bottom bunk in the back corner of the Hermes cabin. The only light coming from the glow in the dark stars she placed on the underside of the top bunk when she first got to camp. Gwen stared at the stars which oddly reminded her of her old home in Boston. This was a nightly occurrence— she thought of Boston which reminded her of her mom and then her mom reminded her of her dad. Her dad then reminded her of the day she was claimed. She had already been living at camp for a year and by that age she was 10. It baffles her every time, a whole year had passed and her dad never bothered to claim her.

   That was until she accidentally predicted her friend Lukes quest to the Garden of Hesperides. Gwen still doesn't remember exactly how it happened but a week before the Oracle granted Luke his quest, Gwen was having dreams about Golden Apples and Dragons. And it was only until she told Mr. D and Chiron that a strange symbol appeared over her head. And for a moment she thought her dad might actually care about her. But that's the thing about the gods, they don't care and they never will.

 But that's the thing about the gods, they don't care and they never will

𝐔 𝐍 𝐖 𝐑 𝐈 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍

𝐔 𝐍 𝐖 𝐑 𝐈 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍

A/N : me when I base Annabeth and Gwen's friendship dynamic on me and my bsf. I love them sm and I can't wait for them to bully Percy 24/7

xoxo nini