009

Excuse any errors

Excuse any errors.

What felt like forever, spring break was finally here, a little faster than I expected, but hey, who's complaining? After hanging up the phone with my mom, I went downstairs to get a snack. To my surprise, Amelia and Jela were in the living room watching Baddies East without me. "I'm hurt," I exclaimed. I made my way to the couch to sit with them. Once they realized my presence, Jela paused the TV, and they turned their attention to me. "What?" I said with chips stuffed in my mouth. Clearing their throat simultaneously, Jela said, "So what's the deal between you and Taz?" I laughed, replying, "Excuse me." This time, Amelia spoke, "Girl, you know what's your relationship with him."

"He's just my friend," I answered while going on my phone. "Oh really 'cause Jaz told us otherwise," Jela said, trying to give a serious face while Amelia nodded. I tried to hide my smile, just thinking about it. "Plus, you can't hide what's plainly obvious; I see everything," Amelia added. "Erm, anyway, what activity are we doing on the list today?" I changed the subject, pulling the list in notes. "I was thinking we invite everyone tonight for Bad Bingo," Jela suggested, showing me the bingo charts she printed out. "Yeah, and we can Uber Eats Wingstop; I've been craving it like crazy," Amelia whined. I agreed, texting the group chat to inform them and waiting for a reply.

"Bye Tiny said 'Oh, Wingstop, y'all gots money.' I'm dead," Amelia repeated his message. We got up, preparing the house, making sure it was all clean. "Alexa, play 'It's All Over,'" I said, waiting for it to start singing the lyrics. The song was from Dreamgirls, our all-time favorite movie. Baby, if you don't know this dialogue line for line, we can't be friends. "There you are, Effie, I've been lookin' all over," Jela said as Curtis. "I turn my back and find myself out on the line. You could've warned me, but that would've been TOO kind," I said as Effie.

"Effie, please, stop making excuses for yourself. You've been late, you've been mean, and getting fatter all the time," Jela shoved past me, playing into the role. "Now you're lying, you're lying. I've never been so thin. You're lying, you're lying 'cause you're knockin' off that piece of dung who thinks she's better than anybody. She ain't nothing but COMMON," I said, turning over to Amelia. "Now you listen to me, Ms. Blame-it-on-the-world. See, I put up with you for much too long. I've put up with your bitching, I've put up with your nagging, and ALL your screaming too," Amelia said, stepping closer to me as they did in the movie.

Jela now switched to Lorrell, "OOOH, now when are you two going to stop all this fighting!?" We went back and forth with the lyrics, getting the cleaning done in the meantime. "Yeah, well, it's between you two now, little sister. This new job is as much your sin. Look at me, look at me. How much did YOU put out to get in?" I said to Amelia, who now played the new girl. "Now you watch your mouth, watch your mouth, Ms. Effie White, 'cause I don't take that tone from no second-rate diva who can't sustain," Amelia sang.

Laughing as we finished cleaning the kitchen, now moving on to the bathroom with Hakeem there to help. When we finished, I started placing the order for the food, asking what flavors we should get. Now it was getting near for everyone to start rolling up. We ended up turning it into bingo and a sleepover. I showered, placing my now curly hair in a somewhat bun. I wore a grey Skims rib set with a matching cardigan, sitting at my vanity doing my skincare and placing on my glasses afterwards.

➿➿

From downstairs, I could hear everyone entering the house as Hakeem welcomed them in. Soon enough, there was someone barging in, "Well, come on in, then, Taz." He never knocked when entering. "You smell good today," he said, pulling me into a hug. "Thanks, it's the perfume you bought," I replied, taking a sniff for myself. "Why didn't you wait for me downstairs?" I asked, lying beside him on the bed. "Well, they're waiting for the food to get here before we start, and I wanted to see you, mama," he said, propping himself on his elbow and giving a kiss on my cheek.

Finally, the food arrived, and once again, Wingstop did their thing; we were tearing those thangs up. "Naw, Vito, you wild for chewing on the bone," Jazzy pointed out. "It can't be that motherfucking good," Hakeem laughed. Jela had already handed out the bingo cards. Realizing everyone was about done, I played music to set the vibe while we played.

The card was about places a person might've been sexually active, and the places were unexpected. The most I had checked was the free space, at a hotel, and in a room filled with lit candles. Peeking at Taz, my eyes expanded a bit; he almost had bingo. I watched as he rubbed his chin, thinking before checking off 'in every room of the house.'

Looking over at mine, chuckling before he whispered in my ear, "Guess I'll help you check some off." Bingo, he said, flipping his card up. "What's the prize?" he said, slapping the game card on the coffee table. "Nigga, the Wingstop was your prize, you freak fuck."

After we chatted for a bit, made TikToks, ate snacks, played more games, and played UNO several times in a row until Tiny won. Once it got darker, I put on a movie, 'The Blackening.' "Man, why are these black folks in a cabin anyway?" Tiny screamed at the screen. Jazzy threw a pillow at him to shush, which he caught, throwing it back.

Not gonna lie, all the secondhand smoke from Vito and Tiny knocked me out; I was asleep about 40 minutes in. I felt my body shift a bit, feeling a pair of hands underneath my thighs. I felt every step going up the stairs, gently being placed on my bed. I already figured it was Taz. Shortly after, I felt the pressure of him on my stomach as he snaked his arms around my waist. Soon, I dozed out again, and soon did he.

➿➿

The next morning, I found Taz on me, cuddled on me. Pulling the blanket over me, I turned around, facing away from him. Not even a minute later, after I closed my eyes to go back to sleep, I heard a soft grunt behind me. Then, I started to feel a soft nudge against my back, which made me turn around. "What is it?" I whispered. "Why are you taking away my pillows?" he frowned at me. "Girl, what pillows?" I didn't even take the covers from him. "These pillows, girl," he dragged out, putting his head on my chest. I laughed at his clinginess.

The moment was ruined by loud knocks, no bangs at my door. "Get yo ass up, little girl," Hakeem said, pulling me from my feet out of the bed. "Keem, what the- I know the devil is a lie. I know that's not who I think it is up in this bed," Hakeem said, cutting me off and pulling the sheet from the bed. There lay a shirtless Taz in plaid PJs. "Girl, mind ya own. What you want?" I said, putting on my robe. "We need you downstairs to make us breakfast," said Tiny, clawing on his knees, begging at my feet. I sighed and agreed. "See, nigga, I told you it would work if you asked," Hakeem said, leaving the room in a loud whisper.

 "See, nigga, I told you it would work if you asked," Hakeem said, leaving the room in a loud whisper

~any thoughts?

~everyone hanging out more

~something going on with Amelia and Tiny