- Chapter 14 -

I cautiously opened the door, moving first my head around the door frame and then the entirety of my body. 

"So you're Libby, right?" said a male, who was sat straight upright in a chair. An expression was upon his face that I couldn't quite explain. 

"Yes that's me." I say as he beckons me to sit on the sit facing his desk. I sit down, composing myself a little. "I was wondering if you knew Mr Bangchan?" i ask, feeling eager.

"Well.. I looked through our files a little, and yes he did work here. Just over a year ago." he says as he looks away from me slightly.

"Do you happen to know where he would be now?" I ask frantically as I begin to panic.

"Please Miss Libby, I need you to be calm whilst I tell you this, okay?" he exclaims with a small sigh. His eyes seemed tired. Almost like a reflection of my own. 

I relax my breathing a little and let him continue.

"It seems to be that.. Libby.. I'm sorry. He passed away." he says.

In that moment my entire world crumbled. 

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel. 

"I feel horrible for having to tell you this and I'm so..." his voice seemed to blur in my head.

I sat still in that chair. I sat. I sat and thought of nothing but your face. Your beautiful smile. That smile that now brought tears to my eyes. 

I thought the feeling of missing you before knowing you had passed was bad enough, but I couldn't just pretend that you were ignoring my calls anymore.

"Wh..what happened.." I whisper as I blink hard, trying to push back tears.

"I'm not exactly sure.. but I think he got into a car accident." said the man, his own eyes looking a little red.

I had never felt so guilty before than in that moment. I also felt selfish for allowing myself to even feel self pitying emotions now, but I felt guilt. Guilt for holding resentment against you. For thinking that you simply didn't like me anymore. For thinking that you didn't answer my messages and calls on purpose. 

I stood up and left. I wanted to walk away from it all. Wish that I had never found out.