CHAPTER ELEVEN - Scars on the Soul

Start from the beginning

The older woman placed her hand on her hips. "I'm not talking about you being pregnant. The problem is who you're pregnant by." 

"Are you serious?!" Jennie angrily enquired. 

"Ruby Jane, you know my true feelings about that girl. She's abnormal and although I didn't mind you hanging out with her sometimes, finding out that she's your girlfriend and you've been sleeping with her changes everything. You're not allowed to see her or contact her ever again!" 

"You can't make me do that. She's the love of my life, and I won't let you or anybody else change my life because of your close-mindedness!" Jennie furiously stated.  

Her mom grabbed her by the shirt, a glare settled on her face. "Listen here young lady, you're going to do as I say or I'm going to ruin your life." She threatened. "You know I have to power to, do you really want to challenge me?" 

Jennie glared at her mother, tears falling from her eyes. "I'm not getting an abortion." She snatched away. 

"Then you're moving with your grandparents and after I tell them what you've done, they're going to be on your ass twenty-four seven. Maybe my father could teach you how wrong same-sex love truly is. He'll pray the gay away from you since he's a preacher." 

"I have to tell Lalisa about our child." Jennie laid her hand on her stomach. 

"You will not, or I'll go after her and her family next. Do you understand me?!" Jennie's mother snatched her by the forearm. Jennie flinched, nodding her head. "Go upstairs and pack your things. You're leaving today." 

************************

After being shipped off by her parents, Jennie lived with her grandparents. Her grandparents were the opposite of her mother. Her mother was so sure that they would be against Jennie's decisions and her sexuality, but that wasn't the case. 

Although her grandfather was a preacher, he felt that there was nothing wrong with her sexuality. Of course, he wasn't too happy learning that she was pregnant, but it wasn't anything like her mom had told her.