CHAPTER ELEVEN - Scars on the Soul

Jennie quietly wandered into her house, her heart racing as her mother followed her after just having left the doctors. 

After another morning of sickness, her mother took her to the doctor's office to see what the matter with her was, and there Jennie found out she was thirteen weeks pregnant. 

She was scared out of her mind. The nervousness that settled in the pit of her stomach made her sick, and that with the mixture of morning sickness was making her uncomfortable and weak. 

Her mother hadn't said a word to her since finding out, and the thick tension was nauseating more than morning sickness at this point. 

Jennie moved to walk upstairs when her mother spoke up. 

"Mom?" Jennie stopped at the end of the staircase, not hearing what her mother had said. 

"I said whose is it?" Her mother asked. "Your father and I have known you've been sexually active, but with whom? You're not dating or seeing anyone that we know of." 

Jennie sniffed, her breathing intensifying. "It's Lisa's." She softly admitted. "She's the only person I've been with. She's my girlfriend and we've been together since the eighth grade, mom." 

Her mother scoffed, a look of pure disgust on her face. "Gross. You not only experiment with the freak, but you date her. You're not gay! There is no way in hell that you are." 

She wiped her face, a few tears stilling falling from her eyes. "I don't feel the way that I feel for Lisa with anybody else. Whether you call it gay or not, she's who I love and she's the one who impregnated me." 

Jennie raised up her phone. "I should text her to meet up with me this evening because we have a lot to talk about." 

The older Kim snatched the phone away from her, a scowl settled on her face. "Are you out of your damn mind? You will not embarrass your father and me with this news but everyone in our family too! I refuse!" 

Jennie shook her head. "Nobody will care. Your friends have kids in the same situation. They are too pregnant with kids or have been at one point in time. I didn't mean to get pregnant, and this is scary and sudden, but there's nothing I can do about it."