CHAPTER EIGHT - Wrap

Jennie opened the front door for Lisa, a sad gaze on her face as she stepped aside, allowing her in. 

"I brought some hot chocolate and donuts." Lisa held the bag up, stepping into the cozy house.

"Thanks Lili. Perhaps this can cheer me up while we wrap the kids' gifts." Jennie sent her a sad smile.

Then taller girl nodded her head. "I've been trying to think of some options we can have to make sure these kids stay together." 

"I talked to my mom today about it, but she says there aren't many other options left. Besides them getting adopted by the same family, she thinks it's time for us to prepare them to be separated."

Jennie bit her bottom lip harshly, trying to suppress a sob from leaving her mouth, but she fell in her arms, crying as she had done the night before.

"Hey, we'll think of something. We won't give up on these kids. There has to be something we can do to help." Lisa patted her back. 

"I promised them that I would never give up, and I would protect them at all costs. I feel like I'm failing them as a friend, as a parent." Jennie muttered.

Jennie wrapped her arm around Lisa's waist, her ear listening in on the other girl's heartbeat. "Let's just make this the best Christmas ever for them." 

Jennie nodded her head still snuggled in her arms. "We should start wrapping the gifts, huh?"

"Yeah, but first you must let me go so we can begin." Lisa pointed out. 

Jennie reluctantly pulled away, a small pout forming on her lips. "Okay, but you give the best hugs. Your hugs are warm and comfortable." 

"You don't have to lie. Just admit that you like being in my arms."  

"I just did." Jennie rolled her eyes, taking the bag of donuts out of Lisa's hand. "Let's get started. We have a lot of gift-wrapping to do." 

Jisoo walked into her sister's room where Lisa was seated with Jennie wrapping gifts. 

"I figured you two could use some lunch since you've been up here wrapping presents all day." Jisoo carried the plates of food to Lisa and Jennie.