CHAPTER FIVE - A Fun Day

Lisa pulls into the driveway early Saturday, and just like the previous day, the kids all rushed out to meet you. However, unlike then, Louis was the first to exit the house with pure excitement.

"Y'all are excited to go help with the dogs today at the shelter, aren't you?"

"Yeah!" The kids eagerly confirmed, piling into the car as Jennie walked out and joined.

"Morning." Lisa smiled at her, and she reciprocated with one of her own. "Good morning. It's freezing out today." She slipped on her seatbelt, looking back to ensure the kids had theirs on.

"It is." Lisa blasted the heat. "My mother said on the news this morning the forecast predicted a snowstorm was coming."

"Yes!" The kids cheered.

"Here you go Lisa noona." Louis pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, passing it over to her. "It's my letter to Santa. Could you give it to him when you see him again?"

"Of course." Lisa smiled, looking over at Jennie, who was just as surprised. "I'll see him this evening. I'll make sure to hand it to him personally." She shoved the letter into her glove compartment.

"Thank you." Louis smiled, leaning back as he put his seatbelt back on. "I'm surprised you're coming?" Lisa told Jennie as she pulled the car out of the driveway. "Last I remember you aren't a fan of dogs?"

"I'm still not. I just came to give you a hand with the kids." Jennie pulled her hair into a bun. "It's a lot of work seeing after five kids alone."

"You're helping, right Jen?" Lisa smirked. "The shelter has some friendly dogs who just need someone to care."

Jennie shook her head. "I probably won't."

Getting to the dog shelter, the kids were happy and full of spirit. It was like each day, they would get a little happier than the previous day.

Lisa opened the door to the shelter, and the worker Sehun looked up at her, a sigh of relief leaving his mouth. "I'm so glad you came today. We need a lot of help."

"It's a good thing that I brought some help today then, huh?" She motioned behind her to Jennie and the kids.

"This is amazing!" Sehun clapped. "We sure could use the extra hands. It's the holiday season, so a lot of people are looking to add dogs to their families to give them homes."

"So, what do we need to do?" Lisa asked, sitting the toys and dog food she had brought on the counter.

"I was hoping you could help me bathe the dogs and get them groomed. I want them looking nice because a few families are stopping by to look at them this evening." He replied.

"Sure. Let's get started." Lisa steered the kids to the cages in the back of the shelter.