CHAPTER SEVEN - Catching The Signs

Jennie and Lisa walked through the mall; their hands occupied with all the shopping bags that were full of toys. With Jennie tagging along, shopping had gone smoothly.

"We have to take these bags to the car and look over the last list, which is Louis, right?" Jennie asked as Lisa made her way to the car. 

"Yep. I haven't even opened his list to see what he has on it." She held the door open for Jennie as she walked into the parking lot.

Opening the back doors, Lisa piled the gifts inside the car since the trunk space was already full of gifts.

"I'm eager to see what's on his list. He doesn't ask for much."

"His list is in the glove department. Reach inside and grab it." She told Jennie, sliding in the front seat of the car.

Jennie then reached into the glove department, grabbing Louis' letter out of it and passing it over to her.

"Let's see." Lisa tore the envelope and began reading his letter to Santa.

Dear Santa,

I know it's a busy time of the year for you, so I'll try not to take all of your time. I don't want much just a drone and the Fortnite game that all the kids play so the kids in class won't call me a loser anymore. Oh, before I go, can you please tell Drake to stop?

Thank you,

Louis

PS: Please help Mrs. Park. I don't want her to lose the orphanage.

Lisa finished reading the letter, her attention going to Jennie. "What does he mean by keeping the orphanage, and who is Drake?"

Jennie shrugged her shoulder, shaking her head. "I don't know. Mrs. Park hasn't told me anything about losing the orphanage. I must ask her about it, and when I pick them up from school, I'm going in to talk to his teachers about this Drake kid. He has to be someone he knows from school."

"What time do they get out of school?" Lisa asked as she pulled out of the mall's parking lot.

"Three o'clock, so in a little less than ninety minutes. Where are we off to now?"

"Walmart. They have drones and game systems he'll need to play Fortnite." Lisa asserted. "We can pick the kids up after we leave."

"Do the kids have stockings this year?" Lisa asked Jennie as she stood in the technology aisle in the back of Walmart, waiting on the worker to come back with their purchases.

"Yeah. I've brought some, and I'm going to let the kids decorate them after school. We'll wait until you and Louis come back from the dog pound until start decorating them."