CHAPTER THREE - Warm Embrace

Jennie bounced down the stairs of her shared home with her two sisters, prepared for her early morning meeting with Lisa.

When she walked into the kitchen, her purple-haired older sister Jisoo stood there making herself a cup of coffee.

"You're up early. You must have a client you have to meet this morning?" Jisoo spoke up, adding some sugar and cream into her cup of coffee.

"Yeah. I'm meeting with Lisa Manoban. You do remember her from school, right?" Jennie asked, brushing it to the side as if she wasn't excited about her ex-girlfriend arrival back in town.

Jisoo stopped, her mouth dropping open. "Do I? No duh. She was your bestie! You two were inseparable. Your friendship with her was one of the strongest throughout school." She then grabbed her cup of coffee, sitting down at the kitchen island. "I can't believe she's in town. When did she move back? Last we heard, her mother said she was in Las Vegas."

"She was, but she's back to broaden her business by adding a similar homebuilding service right here in our hometown." Jennie admitted, checking her daily planner. "She came to the orphanage last night with her mom to help, and she asked me if I could help her find a place to open her design studio."

"I bet you're happy? That's why there's a little more pep in your step this morning, huh?" Jisoo accused, pointing at her. "You have your best friend back!"

Jennie blushed, her face heating so she looked away from her sister. Best friend? If you only knew unnie.

"I guess I am happy more than usual. It's been seven years since I've last seen her. Lalisa meant a lot to me before everything happened." Jennie admitted.

Jisoo looked at her sister sympathetically, her smile falling. "We have some ridiculous parents. They were stupid to ever keep you away, from Lisa. I wish they were more accepting of the differences in people."

Jennie scuffed. "This is one of the reasons I refuse to meet or see them now that I'm grown. You know the other reason. They ruined my life in many ways, and I don't think I can ever find it in me to forgive them."

Jisoo rubbed her sister's shoulder. "If I hadn't left for college a year earlier, I would've tried to change their mind. I hate that they judged her because of the way she was born and her sexuality."

"Forcing you to stop hanging around her because she was an intersex and gay was low. They acted as though her sexuality would rub off on you. They were so big on their stupid reputations with their fake friends."

"Yeah, and now they want me around so they can set me up with the children of those same fake friends. That's one reason things didn't work with me and Kai." Jennie spoke which wasn't entirely the truth.

"I couldn't take that he was friends with our parents. They probably were the ones who encouraged him to be with me." She added.