Chapter Four: May I Give You A Bath?

(Dans POV)

I finished eating quickly, and licked my lips, feeling satisfied. I look around, not sure what to do as Phil hasn't come back yet. I take the empty plate over to the sink like I saw Phil do with the milk saucer earlier.

I take a seat next to the table, as I've not been allowed ever to sit in chairs before, I figured it was the safest option. I wait for a few more moments, twiddling my fingers nervously. Finally Phil emerges from one of the rooms, carrying clothing. He smiles sweetly at me, and picks me up easily, carrying me to another room.

I don't say anything as we walk into the bathroom. He sits me down gently onto the counter and starts running water into the tub. He turns back to me, seeming almost as shy as I am.

Phil walks closer to me, speaking in a nervous tone, "May I give you a bath?"

I raise my eyebrows surprised, not expecting him to ask so kindly. I nod once, looking down at my feet, my face reddening. It's been so long since anyone has treated me so kindly, and now it feels strange. I stay still, keeping my head down as Phil removes my beanie first, his hand lingering to softly stroke one of my ears. He then moves on to my jumper, slipping it off of me quickly.

I feel somewhat self-conscious of my body, always being long and lanky even before everything. I cover myself with my arms out of habit, the blush on my cheeks deepening. I sense as Phil moves closer, lightly pushing my arms away.

"No need to be shy now, Daniel. Your body is cute, you shouldn't hide it." Phil speaks quietly, looking into my eyes and sounding sincere. I give him a small smile, not truly believing his words but not wanting to tell him that either.

He steps back again, unbuttoning my jeans, hesitating momentarily to see if I would protest. I said nothing, not looking at him as I lift my hips off the counter allowing his to slide my trousers down, exposing me completely. I put my hands in my lap, covering myself as much as I could, and this time he thankfully didn't oppose.

Phil picks me up once more, carrying me bridal style and sitting me carefully into the bathtub. I turn so that I'm facing the side of the tub, so that he can get to me better, something I was taught to do by my previous owner. Phil carefully takes a washcloth, wetting it and cleaning the filth off my face gently, humming as he did. When he was finished, he flashed a grin.

"There, now we can see that pretty face of yours." I smiled from the compliment, grateful to finally starting to get washed. It had been too long since I've been clean, and I was already starting to feel better from it.

"Close your eyes, love" Phil said, cupping his hands and scooping some of the water into them. I obeyed as he started pouring the water over my head over and over until my hair was completely wet. He then began shampooing my hair, his strong hands running over my scalp in the nicest feeling way.

I don't realize I'm purring until I hear Phil chuckle, massaging the soap into my ears to clean them as well.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked teasingly, poking my nose and leaving a small bit of the suds behind. I nodded, my nose involuntarily twitching, the bubbles making me sneeze. I looked up at Phil through my wet hair, allowing myself to giggle quietly, starting to feel more comfortable with him. He covered his mouth with his hand, his blue eyes glinting as he laughed.

"Oh gosh, that was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Could you be more adorable?" Phil asked, removing his hand to pinch my cheek playfully, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth as he wiped the hair out of my eyes.

I sighed, feeling strangely content in a way I haven't before. I couldn't help but grin widely, my tail swishing happily just above the surface of the water. Once Phil stopped laughing, he turned around. As he leaned across the floor a bit from where he was kneeling to get something, he turned his head back towards me.

"You can rinse the soap out of your hair now, I'm just grabbing the conditioner." He explained, finally retrieving the bottle from a shelf. I nodded, holding my breath and dipping my head underwater and rinsing my hair of the shampoo thoroughly.

I emerge from beneath the water, shaking my head violently out of habit. Phil turns back around, just in time to get water slung in his face

"Hey! Hey! Careful with that, you'll drown me if you're not careful." He said, laughing and raising his arms up to shield himself from the many droplets raining down on him. I laugh as well, my shoulders bouncing up and down as I do.

"Sorry, It's just a bad habit I suppose." I reply, smiling up at him as he shakes his head, starting to condition my hair.

As I sit there, purring as Phil continues washing me, I start to feel like myself again for the first time in what feels like forever. And it feels amazing.

�f���<>