chapter fourteen

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫•••

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫
•••

As your teammates celebrate the victory with a party, you decide on a more relaxed evening, not being much into drinks. The excitement about reaching 10 goals and trading them for day excursion passes adds a fascinating layer to your celebration. It turns out they've figured out a way to buy drinks outside and sneak them in, turning it into a bit of an undercover mission.

The team is really pumped about hitting that 10-goal mark, mainly because it means a chance to head outside. Rin's absence isn't unexpected; he tends to enjoy his own company more than joining in with everyone else. So, while the party's going on, you're having a chill time, and Rin's doing his own thing.

In the field where you used to play, you currently find yourself with nothing to do. Tokimitsu and Aryu are with you in the party, but you're unsure of what to engage in, expecting them to suggest some work.

With a sigh, you pick up a ball and kick it harshly, causing it to slam into the net. Your current state involves aimlessly passing time alone on the field, awaiting the right moment to take a bath. This sure is pain – wait you're starting to sound like Nagi.

Approaching the ball, which has rolled not too far away, you consider kicking it again. However, before you can make your move, the door behind you opens, revealing the familiar face of your former opponent.

"Oya?"

You blink in confusion and stare at him. Kenyu Yukimiya did the same. "... Uhmm, I forgot my bag and I was about too..."

"Oh.." you nodded and he walk towards his bag while you face the net again.

You ignore the guy and continue kicking the ball, creating a sound that echoes across the practice field. Glancing behind to check on him, you notice him pinching the bridge of his nose, as if something is bothering him.

"You alright?" you question, but it seems like he didn't hear it. Hesitantly, you make your way towards him, noticing his unfocused eyes as if trying to find something.

Now that you remember it, he's always wearing glasses. Is this dude nearsighted or what?

"Fuck," he grumbles under his breath. Suddenly, he kneels to the ground, grasping at the earth. Panic is written all over his face as he tries to grab something. Your eyebrows scrunch in confusion, not knowing what to do, and hearing him curse adds another layer of concern. He keeps rummaging his hand on the ground left and right, trying to find something. Then, you notice his bag not too far away and reach for it to help him.

"Here's your bag," you state, placing it in front of him. He harshly opens it, still panicking, and you kneel beside him, watching as he frantically retrieves his belongings. A second passes by, and he still can't find what he was looking for. Frustration consumes him, evident in the sweat on his forehead and the shaking of his hands.

You remain still, unsure of what to do, until you spot his glasses on the ground not too far from his scattered things.

Is this what he was trying to find? you wonder.

"Hey," you call out, but it seems like he doesn't hear you or can't due to his unfocused state. You click your tongue in annoyance and grab his face, turning it towards you. Placing the glasses on his face, you adjust them for him. "There."

A moment of silence ensues between the two of you, Kenyu just staring at you, or more specifically, your eyes that show a mix of annoyance and concern. His vision slowly returns to normal, and unknowingly, his mind becomes clearer. Though his heart still beats at the same pace as before, something about it feels odd.

"You okay now?" you asked but you didn't get an answer, instead he slumped his body on the ground sitting there.

"Yeah, sorry for that." he mumbles."I..." he stuttered thinking if he should continue to explain or what

"It's alright." you decided to cut him off. "I'm going to forget what happened right now so don't worry."

He look at you again with that beautiful orange orbs of him and sigh. He doesn't even know you but you already know about his vision issue. "Right, my vision suddenly loss man, that was so uncool of me." he awkwardly smile.

"Sorry again for-" he was about to say something when the door burst open in the field and you saw Aryu and Tokimitsu in their most messy state in blue lock universe standing in the door whilst looking at the both of you.

"What the hell happened to the both of you." you spoke looking at them with a scrunch eyebrows. "You look like shit."

"Who's this dude?" Aryu mumble staring at Kenyu beside you after he made his way towards both of you. He keeps staring at the guy when suddenly his eyes widened. "O my gosh Kei are you cheating on Rin?!"

"...What?" you deadpan. "What the fuck-"

"You gotta distance yourself with him dude because apparently, he had his emo boyfriend here~" continue to spoke the drunk Aryu and you look for Tokimitsu only to see him nodding, his eyes half-lidded wanting to sleep now.

"Hey Kenyu, you don't have to listen to them." I looked at Kenyu as I spoke while having a gentle smile on my face.

"How did they get drunk." Kenyu mumbles sweat dropping at the scene.

"Well-"

"It hurts for me too because I love Kei, but I gotta accept that Kei's type is emo with big lower lashes who loves meditation." continue to talk Aryu earning a laugh from Kenyu.  Tokimitsu is still there, nodding like a stupid idiot while facing the other direction.

"Hey Aryu, you gotta sleep now because you're really out of style and it's not good on you." you tried to be calm as you are while looking at him and his body became more and more swayey because of his drunk state.

"I love you so much Kei but you're into problematic dude whith have some brother issue-!"

You cut him off by snapping his neck making him fell in the ground while you're just there staring at his unconscious body in disbelief. You turn to face Tokimitsu and the dude still not done on nodding while facing the door as he also receive a knock from you.

"Pfft! You're teammate sure is weird one." laughed Kenyu looking at the two in amusement.

"Those asshole, what kind of drink did they get anyway to get this mess." you grunted.