Episode 15 : The Story Of Robert Owens

DISCLAIMER : If you're under the age of 13 or if you're sensitive to murder, violence, and scary stuff in general, I recommend you don't read this for your own safety.

Hey everyone. I'm Detective Noel. I hope you're all having a happy new year and relaxing holiday. January 2nd is a very important day that I think deserves more attention. I will be showing and telling you all the Story of Robert Owens. He's probably one of the more less popular murderers, but I think his Story deserves more attention. I was lucky enough to discover this Story from Mr. Nightmare! One of the best YouTubers of all time! I BEG you to go Subscribe to him! He makes the BEST videos on YouTube! Credit for the information goes to him and Wikipedia. With that out of the way, let's have a look into the Story of Robert Owens.

Robert Jason Owens is an American murderer who is less popular than most murderers, but he still has a very eyebrow raising Story to him. This is the Story of Robert Owens.

Robert Owens was born on March 18th 1980 to a single mother in Asheville, North Carolina. After he graduated high school, he worked in the electronics department at his local Walmart store and at his local Volvo Plant. Growing up, most people knew him as "unremarkable and a bit rough around the edges". However, his life started going downhill very early as he was heavily addicted to drugs and alcohol and committed several offences such as impaired driving, public intoxication, resisting arrest, and driving at dangerously high speeds during police pursuits. During one high speed police chase in 2002 when Owens was 22, he was driving at 120 miles per hour when he crashed into a mailbox and his truck flipped over. Already, Owens' life was in terrible shape, but unfortunately, everything was about to get so much worse...

On this day, 24 years ago, on January 2nd 2000, Owens was working at his local Walmart store when his shift ended at 9 PM. He made plans with one of his friends and co-workers to drive to Leicester to purchase a new car after they finished their shift. Owens' friend and co-worker was 18 year old Zebb Wayne Quinn who was enrolled in the Reserve Officer Training Corps program. Quinn met Owens in the Walmart parking lot before they drove in their own separate cars to Leicester.

On the way there, they stopped at a nearby gas station to purchase sodas for themselves. The two men were also captured on the gas station's surveillance cameras.

However, Zebb Quinn was never seen or heard from again after he left the gas station with Owens...

Owens claimed that after they left the gas station, Quinn flashed his headlights at him, signalling for them to pull over saying that he received an important phone call and he needed to return the call at a nearby payphone. After Quinn made the phone call, Owens said that Quinn was in a frantic state and told him he needed to cancel their plans to buy the new car and tried to speed off in his frantic state. However, Owens claimed that when Quinn sped off, he rear ended Owens' truck in the process. Owens was taken to a hospital a few hours later for fractured ribs and a head injury. Strangely though, he claimed he was involved in two car accidents the same night.

But what's even stranger was that the police never received an accident report involving Owens and Quinn that night.

The following morning on January 3rd, Quinn's mother Denise Vlahakis filed a missing person's report for her son after he didn't return home. The next day on January 4th, a man claiming to be Quinn called one of his co-workers at the Walmart he worked at saying that he could not attend work due to an illness. However, the co-worker was immediately suspicious because he thought the voice sounded nothing like Quinn. It was discovered that the phone call was from a local Volvo plant where Owens worked his second job. As a matter of fact, Owens claimed that he was the man who made the phone call, saying he was doing Quinn a favour by calling him in sick.