Episode 7 : The Story Of Paul Merhige

DISCLAIMER : If you're under the age of 13 or if you're sensetive to murder and scary stuff, I suggest you don't read this for your own safety. Credit to The YouTuber, Horror Stories and The Podcaster, Greg from Suspicious Circumstances for the information. Enjoy.

Paul Michael Merhige is arguably considered to be one of the worst and scariest mass shooters in The History Of The United States. A man who suffered a long History of mental health problems and trouble with his friends and family that would ultimately lead to one of the most terrifying mass shootings of all time. This is The Story Of Paul Merhige.

Paul Merhige was born on September 10th 1974 in Jupiter, Florida to Michael and Carole Merhige and he was their first born child. He later became the brother to his younger Twin Sisters, Carla Merhige and Lisa Merhige. They were a very fun loving family and Merhige often fought with his twin sisters, but it was completely normal since siblings always fight with each other. Merhige grew up to be an Honor Student and Varsity Athlete at a Private Preparatory and Graduated from The University Of Miami. The Merhige's seemed like a good family and Paul seemed like a good behaved independent person. Little did any of them know however that their family, and especially Paul would take an extremely dark turn later on and it would result in one of the most horrifying events in History...

Despite how well behaved and independent Merhige was, his life was way more troubling than anyone thought. Over the years, he started to suffer terribly from his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and his Depression, which often caused him to have mental breakdowns. He was able to calm himself down a lot of times after his mental breakdowns, but he often dealt with his mental issues daily, which caused him to become less stable as the years went on and his mental health only continued to get worse overtime. By his early 20's, Merhige started suffering from what was described as : "An Nervous Breakdown" Which is often used to describe people who are heavily affected by stressful situations in which they're temporarily unable to function normally in day-to-day life. For his entire life, Merhige never held any jobs, romantic relationships, he was lazy, and he would stay inside on his computer all day most of the time.

However, his mental health problems only continued to get more severe and unthinkable. Throughout his life, Merhige made numerous frantic threats to kill himself along with Carla and Lisa as he started to grow a huge hatred for them as he grew up. In 1999, Merhige attempted suicide at the age of 24 by shooting himself in the chest with a gun, but the attempt failed. Although now everyone wishes Merhige was successful that day...

One time, Merhige went to the Police to report false accusations he made against his sister Carla, telling them she was trying to kill him and after the Police found out the accusations were false and calming Merhige down, he dropped the accusations a few weeks later. A couple years after his false accusations against his sisters, he threatened to cut his and their throats with a knife. Lisa and Carla were so scared of their psychotic Brother, they would eventually get restraining orders against Paul, which they would drop a few weeks after they acquired them due to the fact that Paul often calmed himself down after having mental breakdowns. Unfortunately, The Merhige Sisters should have kept their restraining orders against Paul because they had no idea that their volatile brother would only get worse over the next few years...

Everyone was very worried about Merhige and his extremely troubled Mental Health, so he was sent to Psychiatric Hospitals 3 times under Florida's Baker Act. During his time at the Hospitals, he would often admit to fantasizing about killing his family, which worried the doctors so much, he underwent Electro Shock Therapy. He was also placed on several Medications, including Antipsychotics and Anti Anxiety Medicine. Several doctors took care of Merhige during his time at the Hospitals, including his own uncle, Dr. Antoine Joseph. Merhige seemed to be doing a good job at recovering from his Mental Issues in the Hospitals, so he was released during all three of his visits there. But unfortunately, releasing Merhige from the Hospitals would be a big mistake that they would deeply regret later on...