Episode 8 : The Story Of Tomohiro Kato

DISCLAIMER : If you're under the age of 13 or if you're sensetive to murder, suicide, and scary stuff, I suggest you don't read this for your own safety. Credit to Wikipedia and The YouTuber, Horror Stories for the information. Enjoy.

Tomohiro Kato was a Japanese Mass Murderer who lived a life of trouble, negativity, and he left a terrifying legacy that will never fade away. This is The Story Of Tomohiro Kato.

Tomohiro Kato was born on September 28th 1982 and grew up in a suburban home in Aomori, Amori, Japan where his father worked as a top manager in one of the city's  financial institutions. Kato had a nice life growing up. His grades in elementary school were decent and he was a top track athlete. He graduated to The Tsukuda Junior High School in 1995 where he became the president of the school's tennis club. Unfortunately, even though Kato seemed like a good human being with a good life, no one could've expected or prepared for the extremely dark turn his life would take later on...

Despite Kato's success in his early years in life, he started to behave violently at home after enrolling at an elite high School named Aomori High School. During his time there, his class academic ranking fell to 300  out of the school's 360 students and he failed entrance examinations for the prestigious Hokkaido University, so he eventually started training as an auto mechanic at Nakanihon Automotive College. Kato was hired as a temporary worker at an auto parts factory in central Shizuoka Prefecture.

Kato also did not get along well with his parents and Kato complained heavily about his upbringing online numerous times. Kato's brother revealed that their parents put immense pressure on both of them to perform and to excel in their studies and ordered them to redo their homework to high standards in order to impress teachers in school, and recalled one incident when his parents forced Kato to eat scraps of food from the floor. One of Kato's neighbors claimed one time, Kato's parents forced him to stand outside for hours in deep, cold snow during winter. Deeply in debt and believing that his family had given up on him, Kato unsuccessfully attempted suicide in 2006 at the age of 23 by ramming his car into a wall. On June 5th 2008, Kato accused his fellow employers at his workplace of hiding his work clothes and left the premises immediately afterwards as he believed he was going to lose his job, although he wasn't.

Tomohiro Kato's life was quickly starting to fall apart in his 20's and his trouble was getting the better of him, but no one could've expected the extreme and horrific lengths he was about to go to...

On this day, 14 years ago, at 12:33 PM on the afternoon of Sunday, June 8th 2008, hundreds of people gathered around The Akihabara Chiyoda District in the city of Tokyo, Japan. Akihabara is a district famous for having many electronic shops ranging from small booths to business run stores. Ever since the 2000's, the district has become popular with Anime fans and Manga fans due to its large number of stores and Maiden Manga cafes with a lot of Anime and Manga merchandise and food. Sunday's are the busiest days of the week for Akihabara since hundreds of people attend to the area with vehicle traffic from 1,300 to 1,800 hours and the streets and stores are flooded with people browsing the area. Everybody was expecting this day to be just like every other fun day where they come to celebrate their beloved Anime and Manga. Unfortunately, what would happen on this day would be an event so terrifying and unbelievable, that it would leave Japan in an entire state of shock...

That day, 25 year old Tomohiro Kato's anger at life and society reached its maximum limit and he could no longer contain his sanity anymore. Thinking life and society had nothing left for him anymore, he started planning a way to get back at them. On that day, Tomohiro Kato posted messages from his mobile phone to a website called "Extreme Exchange, Revised", revealing sick plans through his final message at 12:13 PM that afternoon. The messages he sent were : "I will kill people in Akihabara." "If only I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't have quit work and would never have become addicted to my mobile phone. Anybody with hope couldn't possibly understand how I feel." and, "I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled.". He also referred to The Tsuchiura Stabbing Spree that happened less than 3 months earlier. Kato also revealed that he planned to use a vehicle to run over as many people as possible until it became inoperable, and then to use a knife to continue the attack on foot.