Episode 12 : The Story Of The Lake Bodom Murders

DISCLAIMER : If you're under the age of 13 or if you're sensetive to murder, violence, and scary stuff in general, I recommend you don't read this for your own safety.

Hello again, everybody. Welcome back to my Crime Book. Today we are looking at a very famous Crime Story that happened 63 years ago in Espoo, Finland, in the early morning hours of June 5th 1960 and to this day, it remains one of, if not, the BIGGEST unsolved Mystery in Finnish History... Credit to the YouTuber, Horror Stories, Wikipedia, and FindAGrave for the information. Enjoy...

On this day, 63 years ago, in the early morning hours of June 5th 1960, four teenagers were on a camping trip by Lake Bodom in Espoo, Finland. However, what none of them or anyone else could've predicted was what would happen to them would become one of, if not the most HORRIFIC event in Finnish history...

On this day, 6 years ago, on June 4th 1960, four teenagers wanted to go on a camping trip to Lake Bodom in Espoo, Finland. The teenagers were 18 year old Seppo Antero Boisman, his girlfriend, 15 year old Anja Tuulikki Mäki, his best friend, 18 year old Nils Wilhelm Gustafsson, and his girlfriend, 15 year old Maila Irmeli Björklund.

The quadrio set up their tent and spent the rest of the evening relaxing with each other by the beautiful lake. They then went to sleep in their tents, looking forward to the next day of their trip. However, what would end up happening to them that night would be an event so HORRIFIC that would not only horrify the entire country, but the entire world...

On this day, 63 years ago, in the early morning hours on the morning of June 5th 1960, an unknown person cut the ropes securing their tent and began to STAB and BLUDGEON the teens through the tents canvas. It was so quick and terrifying that none of them ever had a chance. They couldn't do anything to help themselves, and there was nothing anyone else could do to help them...

A few hours later at 11:00 AM, a carpenter named Esko Oiva Johansson was walking by the lake when he noticed a collapsed tent by the lake and walked over to see what happened to it and what he saw, would be so terrifying that it would send the entire city of Espoo into a giant state of panic.

When Johansson looked inside the tent to see what happened, he was horrified as soon as he saw the bludgeoned bodies inside the tent. He immediately alerted the police, who arrived an hour later at 12:00 PM.

When the police arrived, they were just as horrified at the gruesome sight as Johansson was. Three of the teenagers were dead and Nils Gustafsson, the only one who was still alive, was lying semi-conscious on top of the tent. He sustained a fatal blow to the back of his head, a smashed jaw, and a deep knife wound in his forehead. He was quickly rushed to hospital where he miraculously made a full recovery, but was absolutely traumatized by what he went through that fateful morning...

Police immediately began investigating the horrific scene, and they found that not only was the tent completely torn apart and the bodies were all bludgeoned severely, but several of the victims' possessions were stolen, including the victim's keys to their motorcycles which they left at their houses. Their clothes and shoes were also stolen and found half a mile away. Police searched all around the lake for the missing motorcycle keys, but the keys were never found. The investigation also discovered that the killer used two weapons to kill the four campers, which were a knife and an unidentified blunt object which was most likely a giant rock.

Nils Gustafsson's girlfriend, Maila Bjorklund sustained the most fatal injuries out of the quadrio. Even though she wasn't sexually assaulted, she was found undressed from the waist down and was stabbed multiple times. She was found lying on top of the tent with her boyfriend, while the other two bodies, Seppo Boisman and Anja Mäki were found lying inside the tent and were killed with less brutality.