Episode 10 : The Story Of David Snow : The Cottage Killer

DISCLAIMER : If you're under the age of 13 or if you're sensitive to violence, assault, murder, and scary stuff, I suggest you don't read this for your own safety. Credit to The YouTuber, Horror Stories and TheCinemaholic for the information. Enjoy.

David Alexander Snow, also known as : "The Cottage Killer" and "The House Hermit" is highly considered to be one of the scariest and most notorious Serial Killers in The History Of Canada. Born on October 30th 1955 in Orangeville, Ontario, he terrorized and terrified the entire country with his heinously cruel crimes that would never fail to scare anyone. This is The Story Of David Snow.

On this day, 30 years ago, on April 7th 1992, A grizzly horrifying scene happened in Caledon, Ontario, Canada. The slain bodies of an elderly couple named Ian and Nancy Blackburn were found in the trunk of their Car parked in their driveway. After not communicating with their family and friends, they became worried about them, so they asked a family member who lived close to The Blackburn Couple to check their home. After seeing the disgusting sight of the couple's corpses in their Car trunk, they immediately alerted the Police to come over, who were just as sickened and quickly started looking into the case.

It was discovered that Ian Blackburn's Car was at the couple's summer house, while Nancy Blackburn's Car was still at their main house and a blooded cloth was found in the Car along with Ian and Nancy.

At first the horrified Police speculated that a house intruder snuck into the couple's summer house when Ian Blackburn was driving to it. They believed when he arrived at the house, the intruder attacked and viciously beat Ian and demanded him to call his wife Nancy and tell her to come to the house as well, which Ian complied with. They believed Nancy arrived at the house and the intruder assaulted and tied her up. They believed the intruder sexually assaulted Nancy and forced her husband to watch. The intruder then strangled Nancy in front of Ian before throwing her into the trunk of her Car and forced Ian to drive him to the couple's main home with his dead wife in the trunk. When Ian and the intruder arrived at their main home, the intruder then asphyxiated Ian and dumped his body in the trunk with his wife and fled the scene.

At first, the Police had no idea as to who the Killer was. However, they later found some strange garbage in the ditch next to The Blackburns's Car. In the ditch, they found food, newspapers that were stolen from The Blackburns's house, human feces, large bottles of urine, and several pieces of paper with military writings on them that were organized into a list. What was even stranger however was that similar items were found in other Cottages around the area that were broken into. The Police were convinced the person who broke into the other Cottages and the person who left the items behind was the person who killed The Blackburns. The suspect was thought to be a squatter who used empty Cottages while their owners weren't using them. The killer was given the nicknames : "The Cottage Killer" and "The House Hermit".

The Police quickly confiscated the items to see if they had any fingerprints on them, and if anyone could recognize the person's handwriting. Their suspicions only increased when another horrifyingly similar event happened shortly after The Blackburn Murders. One day, owners of a Summer Cottage the killer broke into that was close to The Blackburns came to check on the place while the intruder was using it. The intruder then trapped the couple inside and held them at gunpoint and ordered the husband to drive the trio to their main home in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Once they arrived at a busy street in the city, they became less worried about the intruder since they were in a heavily public area and decided to stand their ground and refuse to drive the person any further. Realizing that the intruder couldn't possibly kill the couple in the area without getting caught, the intruder fled the couple's Car and disappeared into a crowd of many people.

The terrified couple reported the event to the Police, who were able to confirm the intruder was a man and described what he looked like. Now the Police had a good amount of evidence of the killer such as his gender, what he looked like, his fingerprints, and his handwriting. The Police then released the information to the public hoping someone could recognize the killer they were looking for.