Chapter 25 Twin Tail Chains

Start from the beginning

Barry Allen, the fastest man alive, was sent flying into the distance.

Mericrozz watched expressionlessly as he crashed on the wall of a building dozens of meters away, forming a crack upon impact before crashing on the pavement.

Her posture was the same, without moving a single bone.

Her gaze shifted away from him, back towards star Labs. Likewise, her telekinetic force accurately locked onto Lobo's container.

"Come!" The four-foot tall, four foot long tank filled with liquid was uprooted from its stationary position, flying forwards like a servant obeying its master's call. The tank crashed through several walls and obstructions, causing the building to shake slightly and finally burst through the roof.

Slowing down, it stood on air before her, undamaged. The Justice League had reinforced the container with a special energy shield fully capable of withstanding its earlier collisions.

Looking at Lobo in the container, Mericrozz turned around indifferently and prepared to fly back to the ship. Her part of the mission was accomplished and now.....

Two beams of scalding hot lasers suddenly shot towards her from the distance.

The expression on her face remained unchanged as her body became intangible, and both energy beams passed through her.

BOOM!

A corner of Star Labs blew up due to the impact of the laser beams, but that's not relevant.

The floating tank suddenly moved to the side. A blur swooped past its initial location and stopped a few meters away.

"I advise you to put down the tank, miss". Clark said with a frown on his face. The lady in front of him had ignored his heat vision, reminding him of a certain someone.

Mericrozz raised an eyebrow as her telekinetic force unfolded. The same invisible push Barry experienced fell on Superman. Only several times stronger.

"Ugh!" Clark groaned as he felt it slam I to him, knocking him backwards.

But Clark wasn't a kryptonian for nothing. He quickly stabilized his body and resisted the attack.

His eyes lit up in blazing red as he unloaded his heat vision.

Once again, it was useless.

"Strong. Worthy of being a kryptonian". Her indifferent voice sounded as she pushed her palm forward.

Clark's eyes widened. He had barely regained balance when his body was restricted, almost like he was covered with invisible shackles.

The same force, stronger than last time. Clark was thrown out.

The body of Superman crashed through one building... and another before smashing into the concrete floor.

The dust gradually settled, revealing Clark's embarrassed figure. The fall wasn't painful or debilitating, showing just how strong the steel body of the Man Of Tomorrow was.

As he pushed himself from the floor, the first thing Clark noticed was the screams. There were droves of fleeing civilians scattering like mice, running for their lives amidst the destruction, and it's not just in the immediate vicinity, either.

A pang of guilt appeared in his heart, but it flashed rather quickly.

"Your care for these humans is quite intriguing. Do you know that?" Mericrozz floated downwards with the tank beside her.

"Well, you're not the first person... or alien to tell me that". Clark replied seriously.

Observing the white skin on the latter, his eyebrows furrowed. White skin, density shifting, telekinesis.

"You're a Martian. Aren't you?"

The latter didn't respond. Clark took that as an acquiescence. His eyes shifted to the tank with Lobo in it.

"I don't know what you want with Lobo, but you're not leaving with him".

"Quite the contrary. Not only will I be leaving with him, you're coming with me".

Clark's face turned ugly. "I'd like to see you try". His eyes glowed.

"What he said". At that moment, two streaks of green light fell from the sky. The green aura around them faded to reveal two lanterns.

Hal and Stewart both made an entrance, their rings powered with will and their stances in the air ready for battle.

"About time". Clark said. His attention still fixed on the Martian.

"Who's this?" Stewart asked.

"No clue, but be careful. She's a Martian"

"Wonder Woman and the rest of the league are on their way. Let's deal with this chick first, then we can....." Hal's words were interrupted as the spaceship above suddenly shot down a beam of light, smashing into the floor right beside the Martian.

The light dissipated and what was left in its place was a three-meter plus giant creature decked out in a special suit of armor.

Two twin tails, spiked chains were held in his grip and his massive body gave off a sense of oppression.

"Looks like you're not the only one with reinforcements". Stewart said to Clark, frowning.

He warily scanned the two figures who stood side by side.

"Kryptonian!" Arkin gazed intently at Superman, the spark in his eyes almost burning.

"You're mine".

"Ok, that's enough". Hal and Stewart both raised their rings to attack.

"Aah!"

"Ugh!" However, both of them suddenly held their heads and screamed. The two Lanterns simultaneously dropped to the ground, wailing in pain.

"Lantern? What's wrong?" Superman's face changed at the sudden turn of events.

"What have you done?" Clark turned back and yelled at the perpetrators. To be precise, he yelled at Mericrozz whose eyes had turned white at some point.

Mind control. Clark dashed forward to extreme speeds. The concrete under his feet was reduced to rubble.

Unfortunately....

Arkin who was watching his every move, rushed forward to intercept.

BOOM!

The two figures collided, and web like cracks appeared on the floor. The white-eyed Martian frowned slightly and retreated into the air to avoid the aftershock.

Upon collision, the outcome was immediately decided. The alien, Arkin was smashed away due to the difference in strength. His figure flew quite a distance before crashing into the asphalt road. Deep pits and craters were left every time his body touched the ground before finally slamming into a building, leaving a wide hole.

Superman, on the other hand, didn't budge from his position.

"Now it's your turn". Clark turned his gaze to Mericrozz and flew upward, aiming to incapacitate her.

Just then, a chain shot off the hole in the wall, rapidly elongating towards the kryptonian. Clark frowned slightly, and he reached out and caught the chain before it could hit him.

Squelch!

Who knew that the moment his hand made contact, his face changed drastically then distorted in pain.

The sharp spikes on the chain body, unexpectedly pierced through Superman's skin. The chain, upon tasting fresh blood, glowed an eerie red color and wrapped itself around Clark's arm.

Blood spilled as the spikes dug into Superman's flesh. Before he could attempt to break free, another chain extended towards him and coiled around his body, inserting itself into him.

"Agh." Clark yelled painfully. A strong tugging force appeared on the chain, pulling him downwards.

His figure smashed into the ground, leaving a large crater.