Run In | Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Something or someone turned a corner seemed to be running in my direction, there were people chasing after them cursing and yelling.

The person accidentally runs into me, not seeing me there. They yelp almost falling but I catch them just in time. The people chasing them start to catch up. They freeze, their eyes widen fearfully. My eyes widen slightly as I look at them realizing-

???'s Pov:

        I ran wildly through the messy rows trying to get away but the people chasing wouldn't give up. They yell for me to stop but as if I would stop. I just got away from that living hell!!

I turned a corner, but before I knew it, it seemed like I ran straight into a wall.

I yelp in surprise. I start to fall but someone catches me just in time pulling me up. I look up to see what I ran into and what caught me.

I froze, my eyes widened fearfully. Standing in front of me was a very tall man. I see his eyes slightly widen. He held my arm, stopping me from falling. I look behind me and see the people chasing me are almost here, I struggle in the man's grip. I notice his gaze on me then going to the people approaching.

The people chasing me slow down into a trot, approaching. I struggle more, the man loosens his grip slightly. He gently picks me up slightly making sure I'm standing properly up straight and not slanted so I can fall.

The people chasing me stand a bit away from the man in front of him. My eyes widened seeing them. I step closer to the man fearfully. 'No, no, no, no, no please I don't want to go back there!'.

"Thank you for catching them!" The person in front of the people that were chasing me said huffing out of breath approaching. The person tries to put on a fake smile, and sound sweet.

"Can you please hand them over to us now?". The man looks down at me. I was shaking.

"What do you want with them?" The man asks, he had a thick accent.

The person's eye twitches slightly agitated. "Please hand them over to me." The person (man) repeats in a more stern dryer tone.

The man study's the person, looking back at me then to them. The other man starts to get impatient.

"Can you please give me back my slave? Their good merchandise and I would like to have them back." He growls making a hand gesture towards himself.

"How much do you want for them?" The tall man asks suddenly, the man looks at him slightly in surprise/In shock caught off guard but quickly recovers growling.

"They're not for sale."

"I'll pay almost any price, just say the price." The tall man says not relenting.

The other man bites his lip thinking.

"They're a one of a kind, so far that we know it's the last of its species." He says pointing at me, making me flinch. "We can't just sell him on a whim. And I don't think you have the amount of money he's probably worth on you." He says the last part, smirking. He doesn't want the tall man to win.

"I'll pay almost any price, just say the price." The tall man repeats unfazed. This makes the other man's eye twitch, 'This guy is really getting on my nerves-'.

The man gets an idea.

"I'll sell them to you for ten thousand gold." The man says smirking.

The tall man lets go of my arm/wrist for a second and reach into their coat. I think about making a run for it but then he pulls out a medium weighted pouch.