I narrowed my eyes. "You didn't even wake me! You just left! After everything we did, you just walked out like I was... a hooker!"

He recoiled, his chest vibrating with a growl. "Ailia..."

I surprised even myself by growling back, and he blinked, surprised.

"The night we complete our bond, I wake alone." I clenched my fists, glaring. "I gave my soul to you, Asra."

"I'm sorry, Ailia-Tulip, come on." He shook his head.

I shook my head, lowering my voice. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"I didn't want to disturb you."

"So leaving me after that night was okay? With no explanation." I deadpanned. "Then I wake to bombardment from the girls who had to tell me instead."

"Tulip, it was an emergency."

"You could've woken me!" I snapped. "I thought I was alone!"

He grumbled. "You are taking this out of proportion."

"So what if I am? Today has been a shitty day!" My voice rose an octave.

My breath became shaky, and I forced myself to take a deep breath. My chest constricted, feeling on edge for the millionth time of the day.

"This can't all be because I went to a fucking fight." He snapped.

My head snapped up, eyes widening. "A fight? The emergency was something that could've got you killed and you just left?"

What if something happened to him and I never got to say goodbye? My emotions were running wild, crazed with too many anxious-driven thoughts.

Asra sighed, running his hand down his face. "Okay Tulip, I'm sorry I left."

Hmm, sounded like a fake sorry to me.

I pursed my lips, observing him. "Where was this fight?"

"Blake's pack." He grunted. "The new leader was rioting."

"In the middle of the night?" I frowned.

"It was the best time to go. They were hurting innocents."

I hummed, debating if that was a legitimate answer or not. But the fear deepened in my gut as I remembered the man Blake was and could only imagine how his pack was, too.

"What happened?"

"I killed him." He shrugged.

I couldn't hide the way his honesty made me flinch. He narrowed his eyes, stepping toward me automatically. It was then I raked my eyes over his entire body, only just realising he was wearing a bloodied shirt and shorts. My hands itched to have a look, to peel down the collar and see what that angry red mark was on his neck.

"What..." I whispered.

"I'm fine." He smiled softly.

I swallowed, crossing my arms to stop myself from touching him. "Well, I am glad you are okay, but I have had such a stressful day and there was a call-

"Tulip, can we just go inside?" He interrupted, and I slammed my mouth shut.

"I'm trying to tell you about something that happened-

"Please." He snapped. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

Huffing, I stepped away from his outstretched arms. "No, you don't get to touch me. In fact, I have grown rather fond of sleeping alone, so how about we do it more often?"

"Tulip..." He growled, narrowing his eyes. "You are being irrational."

"No! I think my feelings are valid." I shook my head. "This relationship is new. Everything is new to me. And after such an amazing and changing night, I woke with so many questions, feelings, senses... Just to find out you had left to a fight to the death without telling me has really hurt my feelings, Asra."