Caleb was mature, his face deep in thought. "Sounds like a post-marking bonding to me. Thefull moon wouldn't have helped."

"What's that?"

"If you were both wolves, you would let your instinct take over." He suggested, and my nose wrinkled. "You, being human, caused him to hold back his wolf. He still wanted to dominate, so him not letting you go was just a way of making sure you-

I flushed, colouring coating my cheeks. "Don't you dare go any further."

"I was going to say smell like him." He smirked.

"No, you were not." I glared.

"Okay, I was going to say the male does it to complete the mating. Sort of like making sure it all stay-

"Okay! Thank you, Caleb!" I shouted, cutting him off.

He laughed, ignoring my weak attempt at pushing him out of the bedroom. "What did I do?"

This was too awkward for me. I should've kept my curious thoughts to myself.

"Thanks for the embarrassment! Bye!"

"Wait, no-Luna-

I paused when I recognised his demeanour change. "What?"

He grimaced. "I came to get you."

"What for?" I sighed.

"You have a phone call."

I gasped. "You made them wait all this time?"

"Well, I couldn't exactly mind-link you-

"Caleb!" I scolded him. "It has been like ten minutes for them to be on hold."

He grinned. "Better go answer it?"

I groaned, pushing my way past him to go downstairs. I can't believe the morning I was having! My grumpiness returned.

"Where am I going?" I huffed, stepping out of the elevator. "I'm meant to be at work."

Caleb had the audacity to roll his eyes. "Alpha's office."

I mimicked him sarcastically and hurried my way to Asra's study. There was nobody in here, and I unlocked the heavy door with ease before rushing to the phone. It lay it on its side, and an annoying ass tune played through the speaker. Eying the keypad, I faltered when I didn't know what to press. Thankfully, Caleb was behind me and showed me which one it was.

I smiled. "Who did you say it was?"

"Your brother." He shrugged before he pressed the button.

I paused, grimacing. I didn't have a brother.

The phone hummed. "Ailia..."

You know that feeling when you are about to slip on ice? That sudden heart-jerking stomach falls out of your ass feeling?

I had that now, only, instead of falling on my ass, I felt my heart stutter and fail to pick back up its pace.

"Ailia, I know you are there."

His voice sent a shiver down my spine, and my hands shook. I was faintly aware of Caleb beside me, leaning over the chair I sat in. His mouth moved, but I couldn't respond, too focused on the sound of breathy laughter on the other line.

"You think you'd get away?" He jeered. "I know exactly where you are, you filthy whore."

I swallowed. "Darius..."

"Oh, so you remember me?" He spat. "I have to admit, it wasn't easy to find you at first. But then I heard from a little birdy that you were whoring yourself to a pack of wolves. I have my contacts. Remember that, darling."