'Do you remember what the lake is all about?'

Frowning, I shrugged. "Mya told me it was to help heal and I believe she said it purifies your soul."

'It heals in a way.' He lowered his head onto my lap. 'But it also helps to connect you to fate. The naked-lake thing was a ritual. The goddess blessed the water herself, and on a full moon, submitting yourself to the embrace of the lake changes you.'

"Changes you? How?" I wondered.

'It heals your soul, banishes your worries, brings you closer to one another...' His nose poked my torso, sniffing. 'You smell a lot like me now.'

"You mean a wet dog?" I laughed.

His head raised and if wolves could glare, he sure was trying. I grinned, lifting my hand to scratch at his snout. His fur was still soft and dry, and in the moonlight, you could barely see the difference in colour. It seemed to thin, the darkness almost glinting with a deep brown colour.

"Now I've bitten you-

'Marked me as yours.'

I gave him a pointed look. "Now that has happened, will I always smell like you?"

'Yes, and I, of you.'

"What do I smell like?" I wondered. "Do I have a smell other than soap?"

'You smell of flowers.'

"Flowers." I deadpanned. "Flowers."

He huffed, nudging me with his paw again. 'Yes, Tulip, flowers.'

"Brilliant, so I am a middle-aged single woman."

I heard his human laughter through the mind link, happy to see I had tickled his funny bone.

"Can you shift back yet?"

'I will try.' He bowed his head.

The enormous wolf moved, and I had to catch myself as he rose to stand. His furry torso brushed my head as he stepped over me, and I avoided his dick just in time before he swatted my face with his tail.

How wonderful! Dog balls.

My nose wrinkled, but he didn't seem to listen to my mind as he didn't react. Before me, his back arched and, much to my displeasure, he shifted. I winced as his bones began to snap and shrink, and fur became skin, until he was crouched on two legs. His dark hair was damp, but those deep blue eyes were still the same.

"Much better." I grinned.

Asra rolled his eyes, coming to stand before me. He was naked, and the moment he was before me, my eyes dropped from his face to stare at his dick. I mean, how could I not when it was literally right there? It hadn't even shrivelled up like a prune, still semi-hard.

Intriguing.

"Let's go for that swim." He held out his hand, distracting me.

My attention crested, and I took his palm, allowing him to pull me to stand. My feet felt awfully baby-deer like and I staggered. His hand gripped me tightly, leading me to the lake's edge. I pulled him back before he entered, shaking my head.

"I want to jump in."

"Jump? The ground is the same level as the water. I don't think you can do a cannon ball from here." He sarcastically drawled.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled him to the waterfall. He followed me silently, and I was aware of the eyes on my bare ass because my skin crawled with awareness. It was peculiar. I seemed more attune to surrounding things. The moss and rocks beneath my feet felt... more textured than before, and I could smell the freshness of the water and greenery around me.