2.

"I'm sorry Ha-eun with the usual news I give you. But you know I'd never lie to you." He said before looking down and we both sat there in silence.

Almost all of the Straykids members were swarmed around me, patting my back and hugging me down, except for one person.

The ever heartless Hyunjin.

"What I wanted to originally tell you, is that tomorrow is you last final training." He said as he handed me four files.

"Could you bring these to your members." He said as he handed me the papers. "Yeji, Jennie and Jisoo." He assured me.

His worried expression turned into a small reassuring smile.

"Uhm, su-sure." I say hiccuping as I take the files into my hands.

"I'll tell you the rest later at dinner, with the others too." He said as he patted my back and smiled again.

~~

I knocked on Jennie and Jisoo's door. My face was all messed up, my mascara was all smudged all around my eyes and I had tears dried on my face.

Gosh, I probably look like a monster right now.

"Annye-" Jisoo started, but then noticed my current state.
"Haeun-nnie, what's wrong? Did something happen?" She asked all worried.

Wow, what a nice friend, she's genuinely worried for me. Jisoo's always been very friendly to me, and Jennie too. Speaking of, Jennie ran to the door and came to hug me.

~~

"You sure you're okay Hae?" Jennie asked as she wiped my makeup off cautiously.

"Yep, it's fine. Don't worry." I went silent for a bit before remembering the files in my hands. "Oh right, the head manager told me to give you these files, and that he'll explain during dinner."...

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jisoo asked me as she patted my back. I was walking to the door like a frog, and it was already visible that I just wanted to sleep.

"Yep, I still need to go give Yeji this file, and then I'm going to go rest for a bit." I reassured her as I walked out of their room and waved.

"See you tonight." Jisoo yelled.

~~

Finally I got to the end of this everlasting hall. I swear it felt like I'd. even walking for two hours. I just wanted to throw myself in my bed and sleep for the next week. I felt exhausted and surprisingly sick.

I knocked on my dorm, waiting for Yeji to answer,
impatiently. I even banged at the door multiple times, before suddenly falling to my knees in front of the room.

The door didn't seem like it would open any time soon, but I just sat there completely demotivated. I know I sounded really weak right now, but I wasn't usually like this.

I was usually the more dominant one and was rarely lazy. I guess that "rarely" was right now. I was usually skipping in this giant hall, sometimes even running, but I didn't have the energy today. Even on trainings, I always put my all into it, and everyone kept praising me for my fighting.

Maybe because It was already the end of the day, or maybe because I was just overwhelmed by the fact that I'd become an actual mafia tomorrow. But the fact that I was extremely hungry too, definitely had credit on this.

Actually I can't even remember if I had breakfast today. If not then I barely ate anything, since I gave my banana milk to Kookie.

Either way, I was just sitting there like a dead fly, thinking about all of this. A couple of people even looked at me with terror in their eyes. Mostly the younger trainees, who were just watching, what they expected they'll look like in a couple of years.

Burn The Devil ||Hwang Hyunjin||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें