𝐱. knee-deep in snow.

Start from the beginning

"he worries?" the boy let out, voice rough as he squinted at her in sarcasm. "of course." she shrugged, smiling to herself. "we're bound together," she started off, "it's not just a dragon and his rider. it's a bond where we feel, think, and act the same."

he nodded. "so you're worried I'm gonna hurt you?" he wondered, and she could swear she'd heard something deeper in his tone. he sounded almost offended, and she couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her.

"It's not like that, Kaz," she chuckled, lips pulling up into a soft smile. "I've known you for longer. he's just not used to you like Vennys and Vhaegar are." he only hummed in return and let silence fill the space between them once again.

his touch was still carefully moving along the reptilian skin, and the saint only studied them, her eyes almost dreamy as she peacefully watched and felt her dragon breathe under her palm.

before she could let the thought sink, it tumbled out of her mouth. "I always wanted you to be the first." her head remained slightly low, almost avoiding Kaz's focused gaze. he could read through her far too easily, one glance back, and she'd turn into an open book.

"the first to what?" his face, although she could not see it, was filled with an unreadable expression. it spoke volumes, but she would not have been able to decipher it even if she stared at it for hours.

her voice came out breathier than she wanted it to, so small and quiet that she was surprised he could hear her, "the first to ride with me." she clarified, hair shifting sideways as she finally looked back at him. "dirtyhands on top of a dragon," she grinned, a very unladylike laugh bubbling out of her chest. "Rollins would have a heart attack at the thought alone."

Kaz smiled, his chest barely expanding with a small chuckle that disappeared as soon as footsteps reached his ears, his face falling once again into an expression of pure boredom whilst he looked back.

as the walking came to a halt near them, his eyes hardened instantly as they fell on the lord pushing forward to reach the white-haired girl. "what now?" he wondered, careful not to alert the dragon standing in front of him but not showing any signs of fear.

the boy in black understood that all Westerosi had Targaryen blood flowing in their veins, especially the highborns, but as Drogon did nothing but watch the two interacting amongst themselves, no glares, no huffing and no growling, his hold on his cane grew tighter and he felt the way his fingers seemed to squeeze around his gloves before sliding them back on.

"you're riding with me," Aeya let out, body bending to pull her bag up off of the ground before throwing it over her shoulder. a sharp whistle escaped her slightly parted lips, and at the sudden sound, Vennys, once swimming, quickly made her way back to her.

her scales were dried in an instant, and Kaz's face fell deeper as the water poured down on them from the large creature's frantic movements. she reassembled a dog.

the saint was amused, her eyes barely visible from the smile she held on her face, and as she marched forwards, a slight bounce in her steps. the Northern man spoke. "I don't know how to ride a dragon!" he called out, eyes trailing after her as she ignored him to climb her way on top of Drogon.

"neither do I!" she laughed out, nose scrunching and lips pouting as her body slid forward to watch him from her height. "that's the fun in it."

he did not seem convinced, brows stuck together as he blanked up at her. she knew that he wanted to seem brave, the north had hardened him, but dragons were not men, and they could not be taken down as easily, especially when they were far bigger than anything he'd ever seen before.

he called out again. "what if I fall off?"

she shrugged, legs bending as she adjusted her position. "then you will be remembered." she commented, looking back to ensure Vhagar had woken up.