𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. hunted for sports.

❝nostalgia is a beautiful lie dressed in a sepia❞

¤

as the carriage slowed to a stop, the Targaryen woke, her brows furrowed and eyes unfocused as she looked around her in confusion.

as her vision cleared slightly, she noticed the sprawled up body whose shoes laid mere centimeters away from her head, the scrunched up brows and pouty lips making her chuckle.

she nudged the boy with her foot and smiled, "kaz." she called out lightly. he stirred but remained asleep. she did it again, her voice growing a bit louder, and as she watched him jump in alarm, his eyes frantic as he looked around with his fingers wrapping instantly against his blade, she couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her, her head tilting back as she giggled up at the ceiling.

"saint," he grunted out in annoyance, glare shot straight at her. "Don't ever do that again."

she only replied with a grin. "Jesper stopped." she pointed out, eyes alit as she reached for the handle. she was feeling far better than she had the night before. now that she fully knew that she was away from the little palace, she could rest easy for the time being.

with a squint, she stepped out of the cozy little space, her arm shooting upwards to hold the sunrays at bay.

two crows walked her way, a tired smile growing onto the tallest one. "I think we're good." he declared proudly, his gaze falling on the limping boy crawling out. "for now." he hissed in discomfort as he let his feet land against the ground.

their heads snapped to the light fumbling at the end of the carriage, diverse expressions overtaking each of their features, yet, in synchronisation, they all marched its way.

standing still as they waited, their stares remained on the shifting box as it slowly opened, revealing a dazed saint blinking up at them in disorientation.

she raised her arms before stumbling down, groaning as she went.

"we don't want any trouble." Jesper let out, cautious as he watched her. she nodded in agreement. "neither do I," she promised before lowering her head. "So I'll just be on my way."

a cane was held up in her course and ever so calmly, Kaz spoke. "clearly, you want out of East Ravka." he voiced out. "we can help you."

Aeya tilted her head, her eyes squinting in warning. "we're not here to hurt you," she stated before straightening herself. "we know a secure way out of the fold."

the sun saint smiled dryly. "I prefer to travel alone." she feighned, glaring up at the Zemeni boy as he pretended to joke in return. "don't be rash." he mused, smiling to himself. "you stick with us. everybody gets what they want."

Alina scoffed, "I'm not being anyone's captive ever again." she announced, fingers tingling as she raised them in defense. "so step aside and let me pass."

"I'm afraid we can't let that happen." Jesper countered, face contorting in surprise as a blinding light issued its way out of her hold.

Inej covered her eyes just in time while Aeya simply controlled her chaos as a momentary shield, the force dissipating quickly as the world became to its normal brightness.

she frowned at the fear settling in her acquaintance's face, her eyes softening slightly when they fell on the Suli's hopeful ones. she sighed, head tilting away as she nodded for Alina to go, a defeated shrug of her shoulders giving the girl the push she needed to get away.

Kaz's glare was burning through her skull in little to no time.

¤

silently stirring her spoon into her half finished tea, she watched with cautious eyes as Kaz's gaze remained on her from across the round table they were both sat at.