𝐱. knee-deep in snow.

❝so much more was said in the unsaid.❞

¤

grass scrunching under her weight, the Targaryen made her way to her dragons, arms at her side and head tilting slightly to look up at them.

the three of them were lined up in front of her, although each was busy doing its own thing.

Drogon, being a warrior and all, was stood in alarm, wings spread, and fangs bared at the man behind her. he did not recognize him, and anything new was a threat. Vennys was heading towards the lake, her large body floating for a moment before it submerged itself into the water and rolled around happily whilst Vhagar simply laid down, curled up on himself as he watched the two of them move closer.

she could hear Kaz's steps slow to a stop, and she frowned as she turned to look back at him. "what's wrong?" she wondered out loud, cheeks flushed from the cold and hair moving with the breeze of the great creature's breath.

"nothing." the boy shrugged, although he stayed put, far away.

she could feel her lips pull up into a smile. "are you scared of him?" she mused, walking forward before raising her arm to let her palm rest against Drogon's head. he was offering it from the start, his figure bent down to her height the closer she'd gotten.

the dragon's eyes fluttered closed, and she could feel him push against her skin, almost sighing as his body relaxed into her. she chuckled, fingers scratching as they moved around his scales. "he won't hurt you," she let out, gaze moving softly around her beast's features. "not as long as you're with me."

Kaz's face seemed to fall into a scorn as he simply nodded. "you can't tame a dragon," he stated matter-of-factly, body barely moving closer to the princess. "they're meant to be wild."

"they are." she agreed softly, grinning back at him. "that doesn't stop them from being docile." she added after a second, her touch moving away from the creature before she reached for her friend's gloved hand and pulled him forward towards her.

as his chest momentarily collided with her side, his eyes fell down to her face, his expression unreadable as she mumbled an apology and stepped away, back turned to him with his hand still in her hold. "you might wanna take the glove off," she whispered, head tilting to stare up at the dragon, and he frowned, gaze trailing to follow her own. "they prefer skin on skin."

he didn't like the way the creature seemed to glare at him, the redness under its eyes seemed to merge with the fire burning in his orbs, and as his second layer was shed, he could feel satisfaction radiating off of the great beast, almost content at having him bared of his only defense.

Kaz would of never thought a dragon to have such petty reactions, it seemed beyond their understanding, and yet, as he felt the coarse layer of the reptilian skin meet his palm, he realized just how easily he could feel him unwind.

he didn't understand how it worked, but as soon as he'd touched him, he could feel the heat of his fire ease down, almost as if he was suppressing the urges to burn him down the more his rider whispered to him in a language only the two of them understood.

"is it me or you?" he couldn't help but ask, and Aeya turned to him with a frown. "what do you mean?" she wondered out loud, brows furrowed.

the thief only blank at her in confusion. "I'm pretty sure he wanted me dead two seconds ago," he explained, nose flaring as he stared upwards. "now, not so much."

she shrugged. "a dragon only listens when you talk to it in High Valyrian," she pointed out, her fingers reaching up near Kaz's own hand. "touch doesn't matter, although it does ease his worries."