𝐢. the light in the darkness.

❝When you think that all hope is lost, all you need to do is believe.❞

¤

(2 years later)

dark eyes wandering around the busy gambling house, Aeya quietly reached for the transparent bottle of alcohol hung on the shelf to start preparing her next order.

she could hear the indistinct chatter that filled the rather large room as the old and new gamblers of the Crow Club started their night.

she'd gotten used to it by now.

each night, after a more or less calm day at the Slat, she'd head to the establishment her boss had built, and start her shift. she didn't mind her new life, and if she was honest, she liked it better.

her days were spent planning heists and gathering info about famous crime organization around the filthy old town, and once that step done, during the night she wasn't needed at the club, she'd be jumping around on rooftops and hiding away in the shadows until the moment for her to strike came.

she had quiet a reputation thanks to the man that had saved her life many times over, and with his help, she'd gotten better and better at terrorizing whoever dared mess with her crew.

most knew her as The Raven, dirtyhands' favorite investment and his right hand, neither of those names was one to be messed with, many have learned that by now.

after her escape from Os Alta, she had wandered around Ketterdam, bleeding and lost, until she, in her weakened state, had accidentally bumped into a boy she had long given up on ever seeing again.

she obviously did not recognize him at the time, the soft features she once knew having grewn ragged with the years, but he identified her in a moment. then again, how could he not? No one in the world looked the way she did, and no one in the world ever will.

he led her away from the watchful alleys and hid her in the slat until he made sure that the fuss about her had died down, and, thankful for all that he did for her, the grisha swore her loyalty to him and joined his cause.

she, of course, could not go out looking the way she did considering how she was the most recognizable person in the entire world, so, the leader of the Drejs called upon one of his favors and had a grisha he had freed a few months ago change a few of her features.

her hair was tailored into a darker color, brown, and her eyes were too. her last name was changed to Hale, and her birthmark was covered up, and with all that done, she started her work for the man who saved her.

her dragons, Vennys and Vhagar, were somewhere in Old Valyria. she did not know where exactly, but she guessed that it was for the best. no one could hurt them or follow them to her since all living men feared the ruined land beyond Westeros and the free cities.

they'd fly by weekly, and whenever she sensed their arrival, she'd meet them just outside of Ketterdam on a long-time abandoned beach. she had heard rumors of forest people and ancient spirits living there, but for the past few months she had been to it, neither of those things ever appeared to her.

snapping back at the sound of a shotgun, the spy frowned as she looked back towards the tables, her gaze drifting around until she landed on her Zemeni friend.

smoke was coming out of his pistol, and he looked proud of himself as he held a shiny coin in his hand with a bullet hole in it. another scammer that he caught, she guessed.

she could see Kaz stopping in front of him with a disaproving look. he did have his rules about violence inside of the Crow Club, only her and Inej were allowed to use it.