𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊: 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰.

❝There's a grain of truth in everything.❞

¤

walking around the streets of the busy city of Ketterdam, a little girl looked up to a world unknown to her, filled with grim faces and tired eyes.

the dark town seemed to dry all of its inhabitents' energies, draining them to the bone until they were nothing other than a skinny, feeble being that wished for a new life as far away as they could get.

she wondered how one could even handle living that way. her home had always been away from wars and famine, although it was not perfect.

and as she got further inside the masses of people, she could point out at least three shops that had gotten stolen from in the last minutes she walked past. sickness had ruined it all.

perking up when she heard hurried yelling, the god-favored child followed the turbulence happening around her as she firmly, but softly, was pulled behind by the two men in armor holding that had marched alongside her.

from behind the knights, she could point out a boy, barely older than her, running from a dirty, fat man with an angry face, and before she could think, she was trailing behind them, wondering how it would all end.

she could easily hear metal clanking from behind her, so she knew that she was being closely followed by her guards, who, for the life of them, couldn't stop a child, ten of age, 's curiosity.

blinking for a quick second, she managed to miss the moment where the man caught the boy by the back of his shirt, yelling a bunch of tangled up cussing and nicknames that would make her maesters flush.

through the noise, she managed to make out a bunch of words, cheap insults that made her chuckle slightly. 'son of a stealing cunt', 'worthless rat', and things of the such.

as the boy struggled to escape, her amusement dimmed and she quickly turned to her men. "help him," she blurted out, looking up at the guards in shiny clothes.

the two blank at each other before the buffest stepped forward and marched the thief and his captor ahead of them before pulling the boy away.

after a few moments of angry yelling, the seller, -she assumed by now, loudly demanded the price of a piece of bread he'd stole. the knight pulled out a few coins, handed them to the man then dragged the boy and returned to the princess' side.

the youngster kicked and fought against the strong hold on his sleeve, panic and fear clear in his eyes. he, for the life of him, could not stand the feeling of the shiny knight's hands on him no matter how many layers he could see covering then.

they stopped once they reached the other two, the girl and the man in metal.

"thank the lady," the guard holding him spoke, "she just saved you from gods know what this place offers as punishment for thieves."

the little lady in question frowned as she looked up then back down at him. he blank, brows furrowed in confusion.

she looked different, not entirely human. he couldn't tell what it was nor could he stop himself from staring in confusion. was his eyes playing tricks on him or were her own violet? was the curl peeking out from under her headscarf silver or was it simply a trick of his mind?