Chapter Seven

~Jazzlyn ~
I stood in front of my mate as he growled at Alex from behind the door. I was still in complete amazement that I found my mate so soon—an alpha, a sexy alpha, my sexy alpha.

"Damn, it's overdue for you to get laid, man. I call dibs on Jazzy," Alex retorted back, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.
You just dug your own grave, Alex.

Orion stomped to the door, flung it open, almost breaking it off the hinges. I watched as he grabbed Alex by the neck and growled in his face, "If you so much as look at her, I'll rip your fucking larynx out." Alex's eyes widened as he grabbed at Orion's hands, trying to pry them off.

I walked over to them and put my hands on both of their shoulders. "Orion, let him go," I said calmly, his now ember eyes still locked on Alex. I cupped his defined jawline and looked him directly in the eyes. "Let him go now," I said sternly in a calming manner. Orion ripped his gaze from Alex to me, sighing as he dropped a wheezing Alex.

"Yo, what the hell?" Alex said, catching his breath, looking ready to pounce on Orion. I shifted my gaze to a heavy-breathing Orion, watching as his eyes battled between their beautiful green hazel and a light amber. Stepping directly in front of him, I rubbed his arms up and down.

"Hey, look at me," I said, moving my fingers to his chin, angling it downward so he could look into my eyes. His hands squeezed my waist, and he moved his forehead to mine, taking deep breaths. "Deep breath," I whispered, caressing his jaw.

I looked at Alex, who had completely caught his breath and was staring at us with his mouth agape. "You're mates," he said, looking between us. I gave him a small smile and nodded. "Wow, damn, my bad, bro," he said to Orion while rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay; you didn't know," I tell him, trying to reassure both of them. He nods, but then I see a glint of mischief in his eyes.
Oh no, what are you about to do?
Before I can tell him to leave, he says, "I mean, I saw her first, but I guess you can have her," smirking. I roll my eyes and push back an angry Alpha, ready to rip him to shreds.

"Alex, leave right now or you'll be sleeping with the maggots," he growls.

Alex puts his hands up in surrender mode. "I was just kidding," he says. Ri glares at him, and Alex sighs, "Look, I'm sorry. You know how much I love getting under that smooth skin of yours," he says with a wink. "I respect you, man, not just as an alpha but as a brother, so I'll calm down with the comments," he says, still caressing my hips. I look at him and see his hazel eyes glaring at Alex. He sighs, "My mate is off-limits," he says sternly, and Alex nods. "Great, now can we go eat? I'm surprised Anna hasn't come in here and dragged us by the balls yet."

"Hey, Al, can you keep this between us... the mate thing?" I asked him. He furrowed his brows, looking at Orion. I turned to Ri, finding him staring at me with furrowed brows. "You don't want others to know you're my mate?" he said, sadness laced in his voice and eyes. My wolf whimpered. "Of course, I do. I just want to tell my family first," I said, tipping on my toes to kiss his chin. He sighed, "Okay, but tell them soon," he said, and I nodded. "Alright, that's cute and all, but I love my balls, so... bye," Alex said, walking out. "Let's go," he said, interlocking our hands.

____________

"Ugh, he's so sexy," Ana said, stuffing popcorn in her mouth. I chuckled, "Quiet, you don't want your mate to hear," I told her. As we agreed, we changed into our pjs and cuddled up on the couch, watching "10 Things I Hate About You." "Oh, please, my mate is hot, but '90s Heath Ledger is orgasm hot," she added, making me chuckle and shake my head. "Not as hot as our mate," my wolf chimed in. "Go away," I told her, shutting off our communication. "Calm yourself; the last thing I need is your pheromones suffocating me," I joked, hitting her shoulder. "Not my fault my pussy is enchanting," she said, shrugging. I gasped, staring at my newfound friend. She may appear sweet, but she definitely has an witty side. We looked at each other and burst out laughing.
Anna 👇