Ch4: Behind The Curtain

Comenzar desde el principio

Chica takes your hand in her slightly larger ones. She moves the brush with more precision than you've seen from a nail tech before. She's remarkably delicate when she adjusts the position of your hand, like she doesn't want to disturb you in the slightest. It's been a while since you've been treated so gently, it feels foreign now. Like when she hugged you on your first shift, you once again pretend that this comes naturally to you. You try not to stare at the way she traces over each one of your fingers before carefully lifting one to paint.

Your attention is briefly moved by Foxy and Bonnie arguing on the other side of the room. Chica just rolls her eyes and goes back to your nails. She finishes them quickly. Now they just have to dry, but she still holds on to your hand.

"I'm surprised they turned out good." Chica says, "It's been forever since I've done anyone's nails."

"Oh, yeah?" You ask, "How long?"

Her grip on your hand tenses, "Uhh, I don't know just a long time."

You hadn't meant to upset her, though you're not sure why that question would've stressed her out like that. Regardless, you try to ease the tension.

"I think it's been like years since I've had someone do my nails." You say.

Her grip relaxes and she chuckles.

"Then we should do it more often."

A resounding snap sounds through the room. You look towards the direction of the sound to see Foxy hunched in on himself and holding his nose. Bonnie stands in front of him smiling with tensed fists. You don't have any time to react when Foxy wipes the blood off his face and promptly kicks Bonnie in the shin. Bonnie curses and holds his injured leg.

"Look at you hop, bunny boy." Foxy laughs.

Before Bonnie can retaliate, Freddy walks by and slaps them both on the back of their heads.

"Stop it you animals, we have a guest." He chides.

You look at Chica with wide eyes and point in the general direction of the altercation.

"I know," she says, sounding more annoyed than anything, "they're so loud."

"Was that normal?" You ask, still bewildered.

"Oh yeah, those two are so childish, they're always fighting." Chica says this with all the casualness of talking about the weather.

"Are they okay?" You ask, to which Chica raises her brows, "I mean Foxy was bleeding."

"They're fine," Chica says, "Foxy's tough I bet he's already healed up."

Chica gets up and offers her hand to help you stand. You take it and decide not to ask any more about whatever just happened. You remember in highschool when kids would fight then go right back to being friends, though they usually didn't hit that hard. That whole situation has left you feeling rather unsettled, so you're glad when Freddy gestures for the two of you to join him by the stage.

"Sorry about them," Freddy says before redirecting the attention to you, "Your nails look very nice, (Y/n)."

You try not to fluster too much as you thank him. You vaguely consider asking Freddy about Foxy and Bonnie, but you glance behind him and see Bonnie busy messing with his guitar and Foxy eating some snacks. Freddy follows your gaze and chuckles.

"Don't worry about them," He says, "By all means, they're fine."

You feel more reassured having heard it from Freddy.

Suddenly, there's a shift in the room, like something you can't see has moved. Two things happen very quickly. One, all the animatronic's heads snap to look at something behind you. Two, Chica steps in front of you and envelops you in maybe the tightest hug you've ever felt in your life. She holds the back of your head with one hand and your waist with the other, both firmly pressing you into her. This is clearly tactical on her part as it prevents you from turning to see what everyone is staring at. You try to squirm out of her grip, but it's to no avail.