Prologue

Hey, didn't you read, like, binge read the whole story yesterday?”

“Yuh!! I did! It was very nice, Ackk—! My heart just couldn't take how sweet and lovely it was!”

“Right!? Ur still a bit too weak. I literally read it in a single day but it took u 2 days.”

“Ugh, we have many assignments and tasks you know.....!”

“AHAHAHHAHHA”

The murmuring sounds they made after the school’s bell chimed are nothing to be afraid of. It feels like a daily routine to me now.

But it just pisses me off. Why did they have to have a conversation beside a person sitting in a chair with their head down the table, covered in both arms?

What I'm doing right now is not that obvious? I'm clearly sleeping.

I'm not the typical girl you're going to find a cliche romance story. I am, in fact, a normal one. The crazy part is.... Why am I narrating my story?

Geez, let's get over that. The reason why I'm alone here next to these two noisy blabbering monkeys was because my body was just too tired to go to my friend's seat just to say hi.

I'm not usually this lazy, no, I prefer to call this as selective participation. My body just felt very numb and weak this week.

Today was Friday, although I do feel very tired in every school hours, I just felt that maybe I'm sick right now or perhaps having some stage four cancer.

I don't have any energy left to stand up let alone to shut these monkeys beside me.

God lord, please don't kill me right now. Please I still want to live until my 70s

I was seated in the second to the last coloumn. In facing the whole class, I was in the very right side of the room. I specifically chose this seat because it's near the window and the air was fresh. Also, this room is poor af why is our room not having ac while the other strands had? This is very unfair. It's not giving at all.

Being a senior high student was yet another boring life for me. School's just a meh; it's very boring.

As I move my head to my left side and open my left hand a little, I can see the view from the window. Looking at it, I wanna jump.

The first period was a horror. It was a two hour subject that talks about literature and stuffs like that. My head was throbbing in pain in the middle of the teacher's lecture so I had to ask her a permission.

“Yes, student Beinhersha, why are you raising your hand?”

“Can I sleep?”

The teacher entirely was left in speechless and my whole classmates looked at me in aghast. It was like I experienced the lines from Taylor Swft, “Horrified Looks From Everyone in The Room~”

“I beg your pardon, Ms. Beinhersha?”

I was very dense and couldn't comprehend that they misunderstood me because of the pain so, the class pres, my friend, helped me.

The class rep then explained to the teacher that I was in pain and was sick since I told her earlier and we also chatted before coming to school. And the teacher was relieved, but not for me so I just slept half of her lecture.

Until the bell rang and the daily routine started.

With body slump in the chair and head taking a rest against my right hand, this friday feels like friday the 13th.