Chapter 21 War Of The Bounty Hunters 3

Start from the beginning

"What about the rest of the team?" Megan asked Red Tornado. The latter didn't reply, and Artemis suddenly grew silent.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to them?" Megan's voice suddenly increased by several notches.

"Your team is alive, Miss Martian, although not all of them are in their best state". Red Tornado answered her.

"What do you mean?"

"I believe someone else will enlighten you on that. Now that you're awake, it's required for you to be in the mission room. Batman will be there to give you all a briefing". Red Tornado brushed her question aside.

After dropping his message, her turned around and left.

Megan turned her head to look at Artemis and the latter subtly shook her head, indicating not to talk about it.

...

Mount Justice.

Training Room.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

A male figure wearing a black top and Jean trousers punched a metal target in the center of a room with unprecedented ferocity.

The red colored S on his chest was especially striking as well.

Conner continuously punched the metal target with all his strength. Time and Time again, yet his inhuman strength caused no practical damage to the testing machine as all the energy from his punches were absorbed like a thirsty sponge.

"Rarrghhh"

A last punch landed on it as Conner stopped attacking while breathing heavily. He had been going like this for hours.

He was the first person in the team to wake up, save the already conscious Artemis.

And recalling his ... failure, he had come here to let off some steam. More than nine hours of nonstop venting had left him somewhat exhausted.

Thankfully, there was a shock absorber in the base capable of withstanding his full-strength attacks.

Conner placed his palms on his knees as his body bent forward. His clothes were soaked with sweat, yet the rage in his soul was far from allayed.

A gust of wind suddenly blew into the wide room. Conner turned his head to see Kidflash standing behind him.

"You done pal?" Connor let out a snort and turned his head away.

Wally seeing this let out a slight sigh.

"Tornado wants us at the Mission room. There's gonna be a briefing". Wally gave the message.

"I'm not going". Connor replied with an angry huff.

"Megan's awake". Wally wasn't surprised by Conner's words and gave a reply of his own.

Conner's figure stopped.

After a few seconds….

"I'm coming". Wally let out a slight smile. It was already known among the team that Megan and Connor had a little thing for each other, even if they hadn't done anything official yet.

A gust of wind blew past again, leaving the spacious room to Superboy alone, who needed to take a shower now.

.....

Thirty minutes Later. Megan and Artemis could be seen walking out of the hallway. As they stepped into the mission room, a few figures appeared before their eyes.