Pack

Felix was pissed. How could this be possible? He was a Guard for pete's sake! It shouldn't be hard to get the better of a kid almost 10 years his junior. But it was. If the scars on his torso hadn't been bad enough, his clear experience in this kind of fight made it even worse. Felix had hoped that he'd be able to get the drop on him and pin him down before he could swing a punch, but no such luck. Miller had been expecting a rash move, being used to it from the fights he broke up all over camp.

Before the guard had a chance to react, Miller had thrown a well aimed punch into his solar plexus and swept his feet out from underneath him. Within the first ten seconds of the match he was nursing depleted lungs and a throbbing tailbone. He was forced to watch how the referee crowned Miller the victor of the game before a roaring crowd, cheering their undefeated lieutenant. A girl from the 100 hurried over, checking him for any signs of permanent damage. When he was cleared, she rushed over to Nathan to congratulate him on his win. 

Murray pulled him to his feet, disappointed look on his face. "We really needed those guns kid." "I know we do. Don't understand how he got the drop on me so easily. How much training did these kids get?" 

Nursing a drink by the fire, Felix looked over the sea of kids, all at least ten years younger and wondered what they had been through to warrant such intense and harsh training. The adults were mobilised soon after and Clarke made another announcement; "All right, you know the drill. groups of ten, no more, no less. At least three gunners per group, one tracker. Radiocontact every five minutes. Follow your designated route, no detours, no sidetracking. Keep an eye out. The young kids will be equally divided amongst us. Pick a pack!" The first group to leave was ready by the time she got down from the fence. Upon inspection, they were sent out with a map. The second group was sent out after a fifteen minute wait. After an hour and a half, the only ones left by the dropship were Kane with Murray and Felix, and Clarke with her council. 

"I though at least three gunners and one tracker per group?" Felix smirked, glancing over at Goggles and  the Asian kid. "So why only take Miller?" Murphy snorted. "Right, we only have our brave lieutenant to protect us, whatever shall we do now?" Raven giggled; "Easy Murph, all that sarcasm is bad for you." 

Harper was kind enough to offer an explanation. "Nathan is the boss of the Militia, yes. But he's not its only member you know. Jasper is next on the pecking order. Murphy is more personal protection, and believe it or not, I'm Militia too. So that makes it four gunners, Monty on tracking and two Arcfell guards to 'protect' us. Think that will do?" She blinked adorably to the confused guard, even making the bunny ears. 

'These guys really are slow' Miller though watching the realisation they'd just been insulted seep into the Arcfell's eyes. "Easy. Miller, how many?" "Sixty, sixty seven with us. Everybody was accounted for." "Good. Then lets get moving."