Tensions

"Hey! That's mine! Keep your hands off!" The hand reaching for the girl was halted by a sword. "How about you stay away from my people before I remove a limb?" Miller threatened. Aforementioned hand and adjoined bodyparts quietly retreated. He never saw the knives from at least three kids in the vicinity.

A nod from Valerie had Nathan convinced everything was alright. He sighed. Getting the kids to move was a piece of cake, the adults was another matter. Once they realized the guns would stay under Clarke's protection, tension rose. The adults hadn't missed the threatening looks they had gotten from most of the camp's residents and demanded the guns be returned to them. Nobody was looking forward to sharing the trek with a bunch of triggerhappy idiots, so the notion was thrown out. Most of the council was all for just leaving them behind but Clarke and Harper argued they needed the help to get to Camp Jaha. Both girls had gotten cornered by Kane and the teacher, trying to get them back. Miller smirked. She could be worse than Bellamy when she wanted to be. Clarke or Harp would fabricate some excuse or the other but no way in hell the guns would be returned to the guards.

"Why won't you return them to us? It's for your own protection!" Miller snorted at that. Most of them may look harmless but that's as far as it went. Clarke sighed, exasperated look in her eyes. "Fine! For our protection? How about this, if you can beat anyone of my gunners, you get your guns back. Deal?" Tanner was perplexed. Putting a child at risk like that? An Arc trained guard could do some serious damage. Still Kane nodded.

Another whistle from beanie had the whole camps attention. A quick circle was formed around them. "Kane made a deal with us. If one of his men can beat one of mine in hand-to-hand combat, guns will be given back to them. If not, they'll acknowledge the fact that we don't need protection!" The crowd roared and bets were placed. Though from what Murray could catch, it wasn't about who would win. It was about how long the Arc would last.

Clarke smiled at Raven, knowing she'll love this part. "Since our beloved Miss Reyes here is the only one of us who never spent any time in the skybox, she can choose a guard. Then Arcfell is at liberty to choose his opponent." While the blonde explained herself, a rough circle was cleared around them. Benches were moved with an ease that spoke of experience. Seeing this, Murray's bad feeling only intensified. He could sense that the teens had a rough start. And it seemed they hadn't left all of it in the past. 

After Reyes had picked her guard by simply closing her eyes and pointing to one, it was the Arc's turn. Kane wasn't a big fan of the deal he made. Putting one of these kids at risk like that? A trained guard was not to be trifled with. All of them were arrested once, they should know better! But then he remembered the knife Clarke had pulled on him. It was obvious she had had some training. The proverbial light bulb sparked to life. "Clarke, if I may?" While he gestured to the crowd around them. After a slight nod, he took his place in the spotlight.

"I have been watching the workings of this camp while everyone was packing. The organisation needed to make everything run as smoothly as it does must be quite extensive. But the forming of this Militia Fox told me about, has me asking question. There must have been someone here who had knowledge about these things before landing here. Someone who knows how to make people listen, organize them to form a boundary between outside and the rest of you. So this is my choice in opponent, the one who formed the Militia." Kane concluded, fully expecting Miller to step forward.

It makes sense, doesn't it? Lieutenant's son, knows the workings of the Guard, the training. Rules over the Militia presently, why wouldn't he be the one to form them in the first place? He certainly has Griffin's favor, the others listen to him. Imagine how far his jaw dropped when none other than Clarke stepped forward.