17. A reinless boat to the sea...

*sighs* Just when I thought I would be calm again that night, new memories of that fateful day flooded into my mind thanks to Dawkins' stressed attitude towards my new father. However, the only difference was that he was not avoiding his father... but was calling him desperately:

"Although they were blurry, I managed to remember a few important minutes before I became trapped in the rubble. I was carefully guiding my other siblings towards the exit while my old house burned and Dawkins screamed for my former father in the flames. Getting no response, he quickly became stressed and screamed louder and louder, disturbing my other siblings, who began to get restless and bump into the walls. After trying in vain to stop him, I focused on protecting some puppies while I could until. .. the debris fell on my back and head, the rest is history..."

That memory was more stressful than I thought it made me wake up from my dream in the middle of the night. I was lucky that I hadn't alarmed my other siblings or my parents apparently, but I only planned to check on Dawkins who was still sleeping comfortably at one end of the room with his doll. Although I was relieved on the one hand, I was also a little nervous seeing him so far away from Doug that time...

Before dreaming again, I reflected on the situation again for a few seconds and decided not to allow said nocturnal anguish not to affect my little brother's life this time. I started creating my plan on an old whiteboard my home had before the move and writing down some details and drawings while I could still think... at least, 30 or 45 minutes at most. When I reached that time, I hid the almost complete blackboard in a secret place in the kitchen, returned to the living room to fall defeated towards the sofa and continue sleeping for the rest of the night, with the only hope that everything I had done had been worth the money. grief.-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

I usually wake up around 6 in the morning so I can catch up on my routines, even if the environment at home and on the street are still a little opaque (it's part of taking care of my family after all). However, I had to use Dolly's alarm to get said meeting already scheduled. I'm not referring to an electronic clock that you put near the bed, but... to more fun and difficult techniques to overcome.

- Dylan: Wow... wait... what... Dizzy... Dee Dee... stop it!!! Ha ha ha .. * he said while I succumbed to the tickling that they performed on my body as if they were, like any common dog in the city for sure (which I still felt embarrassed today hehe)

- Dolly: Good morning, slime face. You don't forget any pending plans to tell us, right?

- Dylan: Yes yes, right. I'm sorry for that mistake, I'll tell you right now... * I said in a crazy tone trying to compose myself from my late night as I got up.

- Dolly: Are you feeling well brother? I see you a little... off and confused by something... deep maybe?? * He said in a doubtful tone, which made Dizzy and Dee Dee a little worried about it.

- Dylan: Don't worry, I feel fine... for now. * I said still dizzy while blinking my painful vision a lot. *Anyway, by chance,

- Dizzy and Dee Dee: Everything calm down, Mr. Captain Safetypants, sir. * They said in an attentive tone as if they were being recruited for a dog patrol for sure, even though they were not used to it yet.

- Dylan: Okay, follow me to the kitchen and I'll explain everything there.

   They nodded their heads and followed me stealthily. Upon arriving, I revealed the position of the blackboard from last night, which presented some related scribbles linked by arrows and words on top of them... they were not well drawn to be understood to be honest but... at least, I understood it. .