10. Merry Pup-mas Memories

Watching out for a possible danger, my mothern and I ran quickly to check what was happening in the kitchen, as we were alerting the nearby puppies to move away from that place. When we arrived we noticed the machine had stopped working correctly and also was very hot from the pressure built up inside... its motors were about to blow themselves apart, the materials I had used for them were not useful after all.

- Dylan: Grrr. I knew I shouldn't have used those rusty tubes.- Delilah: Blame yourself later, now help me stop that thing, please.- Dylan: Alright... *I said somewhat relieved as it was the 1st time I heard those last 2 words*.

  To sum up, let's just say that were dodging the hose of the machine which was moving around like a rattle snake. My mom was in charge of protecting the puppies by moving them to safer places of the kitchen (despite the damage she was receiving for that action) while I tried to unplug and disconnect parts of the machine one by one.

  After a few stressful minutes, I finally managed to disconnect it completely. My siblings celebrated from outside while my mother came over to me to check if I was fine.

  Finally, we both sigh for a moment and smile at solving this problem. As if nothing had happened, the puppies that were watching this scene were amazed at it for a moment, until we both heard an annoying whistle. When my mother and I turned around, we realized that a gas engine had not yet completely cooled down and, added to the amount of energy accumulated by having many corquetas in the machine, it was going to explode in a few seconds.

Dylan: Wait, how is it that possible...?

Delilah: It doesn't matter, come with me... PUPPIES STAY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!!!

   My brothers obeyed her order quickly, left the kitchen and ended up running like crazy throughout the room and some tearing the front door... not counting the damage they also did during that stained chaos, of course.

   Seeing the explosion was coming in any second, she decided to conver me with her body to prevent any serious damage to me as she was smiling calmly to reassure me as well. ... well honestly she tried.

   Again, I felt embarrassed in building a dangerous hulk like this one... which, besides being about to get hurt, also reminded me of... something similar... to my "accidental" nightmare from the past. .. I simply closed my eyes as I returned my mother's hug as I was traumatized by both that actual event and that fateful memory.

   The explosion finally occurred....  but fortunately simply launched kibbles the matchine contained inside decorated the kitchen with that food completely. Some pups, out of curiosity, peeked through the door and were surprised (and also very hungry) to see that sticky room.

   After my mom released me and then saw all the environment, I was sorry for that event and I was only waiting for her final reaction as I explained in my nightmare. Only... it wasn't what I expected, I heard a little laugh from her that gradually increased, causing me to keep my mouth open completely.

- Delilah: Now...so, this was the machine you were planning to introduce me to and it would be very helpful. Well, at least, you have really impressed me after all.

- Delilah: Now, you have something else to add to your bucket list.

- Dylan: Ok.. can you explain to me why said confused laugh, mom?

- Delilah: *calming down a bit* Nothing is that... all of this made me remember some moments in the past... about your father. The 1st times he made something up it ended that way or it just fell apart..it was kind of funny, but interesting to watch.