Chapter 29

Juina woke before the sun had risen. She had spent a whole term at the Order of the Phoenix base. Only allowed out three times a week, Trixie and Juina were finding it hard. Trixie more so.

Waking up suddenly, Ju sat from her bed waking Flint in the process. Hearing a small tapping on the window she began to panic.

What if they had found her? Shit.

Creeping up to the dark frame trying not to stand on a squeaky floor board, she peered through a gap in the dusty curtain.

A sudden squeal of excitement escaped her.

Pulling on her hoody and converse, she ran down the stairs quickly taking two at a time.

Opening the door and jumping off the steps into the refreshing spring air, Juina launched herself into his arms.

Draco returned the tight hug, grinning from ear to ear.

"I missed you so much Anna Martin. So, so, so much!" Draco kissed her as Juina pulled her legs up and wrapped them around his waist.

"I missed you too! Oh my goodness Draco! How did you know I was here?" Juina laughed between kisses.

"Let's just say that I have a friend." Draco winked at her cheekily before placing her gently back down on the floor. Balancing on her tip toes, Ju kissed him once more before pulling him into a tight embrace.

After only communicating through letters, Draco turning up at the house really boosted Juina's morale. They hadn't seen each other in almost three months.

"I have something for you." Draco murmured into Juina's hair. She looked up at him and smiled. The same smile Draco longed to see everyday at Hogwarts. It had been awful without her there. Potter kept asking where she was. Every time he did so, Draco felt like smacking him. He will never forget when scar head put her life in danger.

"Oh my - Draco really it's beautiful!" Juina whispered when she carefully opened the black box. Inside was a locket surrounded by black velvet. She picked it up and opened it. Inside lay a tiny picture of Draco and Juina in Hogsmeade at Christmas. It was the exact same picture that she saw of them on Draco's cabinet back at the manor.

She gasped as the little picture version of herself walked away towards the back of the image out of sight. The figure began to disappear, her outline fading fast.

Pulling an identical locket from his pocket, Draco opened it and showed it to Juina.

She watched gobsmacked, looking at herself walk from her own locket into Draco's.

"I want you to know that I'm always with you." He whispered into her ear as the Draco in the picture smirked at her in the snow. Juina turned to look him in his grey, husky eyes. She held his face in one of her hands, the locket in the other.

"I know you are" she replied. They walked further down the cobbled London street. Holding each other tightly, they sat on a redundant bench towards the side of the pavement. Sitting on the cold wood made Juina shiver slightly despite the slow sun rising above the row of houses.

Subconsciously, Draco pulled her body to his in an attempt to keep her warm.

His arm draped over her shoulder and his hand hung limply beside her. Taking the hint, Juina tangled her fingers with his. It was comforting. This is where they belong - together.

"Am I really safe here Draco?" Juina asked as she leaned into his muscular frame. In response, Draco tensed his jaw and looked away.

"I'm not sure." He replied simplistically.