Chapter 27

Juina's eyes were red as she leaned against Draco's chest. They were still sat on the cold steps outside her house. It was evening now and snow was falling heavily around them. Since their arrival on the busy London street crowded by Ministry officials and policemen, Ju had been questioned multiple times.

"Who would've guessed? My birth parents compared to yours. Draco, how on earth are we going to manage this?" Juina whispered lightly into his warm shirt. His coat was resting on her back so they were both snuggled inside it.

"I don't know. I really don't know." Draco kissed the tip of her head covered in lose brown curls. He didn't want to leave her alone at this time - not even to let go of her tiny body beside his.

As Juina's birth parents were auras and Death Eaters were looking for her, this put Draco in a difficult situation. Mrs Baldwin had explained what would happen to Juina regarding the fact that she was now homeless.

It wasn't all bad. Ju would be staying with Trixie at the Ministry's safe house until summer. This is when she would be moving into the Burrow temporarily. The Burrow was where the Weasley's lived meaning Ginny would be around during the holidays too.

Despite the burning pain Juina felt after seeing her parents belongings being moved from the house, an element of hope hung in the air. She was safe now.

Unfortunately, Ju couldn't return to Hogwarts because even that was too dangerous. Obviously, Draco also knew that she couldn't live with him for the time being due to his family, alongside himself, being apart of the small group looking for her.

Due to this, the pair decided on keeping communication with occasional meet ups but nothing more. The most important thing to Draco right now was Juina and her safety. At least this time they would part on good terms.

When she had gotten over the initial shock of being an orphan, Ju ventured inside the house with Draco to collect all of her things. It was painful. She walked into her small box room and began emptying her draws into several bags and trunks with help from Malfoy and Mrs Baldwin.

Juina felt empty. Alone.

The thought of never being able to see her mother again or hug her dad whenever she felt down made tears prick in her eyes once more. A vivid picture of her parents sprang into her mind as she broke down completely. Draco pulled her limp body to his own as she crouched on the floor.

Rocking her slightly and hushing her calmingly, Juina held onto him as though he was her life source. She just couldn't remove the image of her mum crying at King's Cross on Ju's first day at Hogwarts, arm in arm with her dad.

Mr and Mrs Martin. The two people she loved most in this world were gone. They were never going to see her grow, meet her children and become grandparents.

It was no use. She couldn't stop the waterfall running from her eyes.

"It's all my fault" she cried.

***

Once her trunk was packed and Flint in her arms, Mrs Baldwin stood next to Juina in the lounge. Draco hadn't given his name to the many Ministry folk wondering around and tried to blend in so nobody was aware of his true identity. He kissed Juina one last time before turning out of the room speedily.

That may be the last time she would see Draco until the end of school.

Taking one last look around her house, her home, Juina breathed deeply. She held the now purring Flint tightly and stepped into the fireplace.

'Good bye' she thought. Farewell to her life, her home, her parents.

Following her, Mrs Baldwin spoke clearly as she said two short words.
"The Order."

Green flames enveloped them and a hot sensation tingled through Juina's spine. Swirls of houses and fireplaces moved past her eyesight speedily. Spinning, Juina swayed slightly as they came to a sudden stop.

A few seconds later, Juina let go of Flint who jumped out of her arms just as somebody tackled her to the ground.

"Oh my goodness Juina! You're here, you're actually here!" Trixie screamed nearly tripping over the several trunks that appeared with them. Hugging her back, Juina began to cry with a mixture of feelings. Happy, sad, relief and love overwhelmed her.

"Trixie! I've missed you so much! Where exactly is here?" Ju asked as she dusted herself off. Mrs Baldwin answered as she walked the girls through from what looked like the Dining Room onto a landing.

"This is the Order of the Phoenix base. Miss McForn will talk you through the rules and regulations when staying here.
Please understand that they are there for your safety alongside Trixie's. You two are both in the same boat now. Creature has taken your belongings up to your room which is next to Trixie's.

You're safe now Juina, I'm truly sorry about everything you've been through." They had reached a long thin corridor with a door at the far end.

Mrs Baldwin was about to turn and make her way down it when Juina hugged her and whispered.

"Thank you."

"You're certainly welcome. I will come and check on you around New Years - just to make sure you have settled into your temporary new home." With that, she left the girls in the corridor alone.

Once Mrs Baldwin had gone, Trixie walked up a couple of floors to show Juina her new room. Thankfully, it was bigger than her old one but it didn't have the homely feel to it. No smell of her mother's perfume or remains of her father's unskilled handy work. All the little unfinished jobs like putting up shelves and fixing her wardrobe was what really made home feel like home.

To her upmost appreciation, Trixie left Juina alone in her room to unpack and reminisce of her past life. It was time to get to grips with her new one.

It was early morning again. It's strange to think that exactly twenty four hours ago, Ju was pleasently non the wiser of her parents deaths, via an unforgivable curse, and her family home being cruelly destroyed.

Also, she was with Draco.

Juina sat on her large oak bed and stared at the flickering candle light projected on the wall. It gave her time to slowly understand what was going on, what had happened and what was to come.

After unpacking one of her trunks filled with clothes, Juina moved the others to the side for the morning. They were filled with her personal belongings, something that she couldn't handle at the moment. She'd unpack them in the morning. Her eyes were too raw right now.

Ju pulled on another one of Draco's shirts in an attempt to remember home - him. Watching the snow fall outside, she blew out the candle beside her bed and snuggled beneath the sheets.

'Merry Christmas' she thought.

~*~