116. Chapter one hundred and sixteen

Start from the beginning

"Okay, i'll buy this one." I say as i choose the one on the right, that smelt fresher. The vendor let a relived breath out, "okay lady, it'll be 2 beri in total." He says, and i give the vendor just that, before taking my grocery bag from Ace and placing the loaf of bread in

"C'mon, we gotta get to the pen shop." I say to Ace, only lightly looking up at him, and he nods with a light smile as we turn and walk off

The two of us take some turns before entering into the material part of this island where the shops that have materials used for story telling are located, from shops for felt made for scrapbooks for young children, to just normal paper for books. Overall, this part of the island has no houses, only shops.

"Who knew there's so many different types of materials for types of books." Ace says, making me look over at him, nodding with a small smile as i look forward

"Yeah, theres many types or writting. From writing on normal paper, to talking about your writing, to even making ancient text on types of stone... i've doubled in many when i was younger..." i trail off as i frown around the end, my tone turning in a solum way, and i could feel Ace's stare on me.

"..." he stays silent, only seemingly eyeing me sharply, i shake my head lightly- riding me of the past feelings, "but in the end, I've decided to write on normal paper, and i love to write stories about that but this island... well, this island's beliefs are old time, so no one wants to buy some woman's writings" i say in annoyance at the end, frowning, and before i could add on, Ace cuts me off-

"That's stupid." His words make me pause as we stand outside a shop. I look up at him with my brows raised in surprise from what he had said, "huh? Wait- are you... are you serious? I'd thought you'd-"

"I'd what? Think your not as good as some other writers are just cause of your sex? I'd be supporting for your passion no matter what. Though i think it's stupid for others to think otherwise." He tells me with his usual expression

"Well i- well It's not the fact i'd think you'd act like most of these bastards... it's just that i'd think you weren't going to..." i stop as i blink, in fact, now that i think about it more seriously, Ace wasn't really the one to think about that from the time that I've known him- even though it's only been a month, it was odd.

I look at him closely for a moment, my lips lightly parted, he kept on looking at me, a small smile on his face, "look, i really wouldn't care if your a woman or a man, or even not being either- but you'd be my friend, and what kind of man would i be if i thought that just because your a woman, your less than some old man's traditions. Your my friend, aren't you?( i think your more than a friend bro ☹️🤞🏼 )" he says as he gave me a warm smile that made my eyes widen from his words, my lips lightly parted.

"Yeah... you are. I see then" i say as i look down with a small smile, and i felt my heart twist in a way, "haha! I knew we were friends!" He exclaims( bro you ruined the moment 😔 ) which snapped me out of the haze that clouded my thoughts, and i look up at him, before shaking my head and walking again, "let's go get my pen now" i tell him as he chuckles and walks by my side.

And after a while, when we got back to the house after Ace purchases the Sake, the two of us sit on the engawa where we both chat the time away. The feeling that i felt was still there for a reason i didn't know.

ooo. more weeks has passed since then, and our interactions since then were the normal. He also bragged about his younger brother Luffy, who was probably going to be a big time pirate... Ace actually bragged about some Luffy guy so much- I made him sleep outside for a couple days just so he'd shut it.