"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon, he told me so the first time I ever met him." Said Harry. 

"That's so sick! I love dragons." I said excited. 

"No, it isn't! It's illegal. You're just like Charlie." Ron said rolling his eyes.

"I take that as a compliment, Ronniekins." I said grinning.  

"But there aren't any dragons in Britain?" Harry asked. 

"Yes, of course. Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks. Brilliant, they are. Absolutely brilliant." I told him. 

"Yes, the Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up, I can tell you. Our lot have to keep putting spells on Muggles who've spotted them, to make them forget." Said Ron. 

"So, what on earth's Hagrid up to?" said Hermione. 

When we knocked on the door of the gamekeeper's hut half an hour later, we were surprised to see that all the curtains were closed. Hagrid called "Who's it?" before he let them in and then shut the door quickly behind us.

It was really hot inside. Even though it was such a warm day, there was a blazing fire in the grate. Hagrid made them tea and offered them stoat sandwiches, which they refused. 

Everyone else were talking about the stone and the trapdoor while I spotted a kettle and opened it. 

"No, don't!" 

I suspected it was the egg. That's exactly why I opened it. 

Inside it was a huge, black egg. 

"Aww, I love it." I said crouching over to get a closer look at the egg. 

"Which species is it?" I asked smiling at the egg.

"It is a norwegian ridgeback." 

"Oh, native to Norway aren't they? It looks a lot like the Hungarian Horntail doesnt it? Ah, how I love dragons." 

"Yes... how do yeh know this much about dragons?" 

"It's because I am absolutely fascinated by them, of course." I said looking at the egg with awe. "When will it hatch?" 

"No idea. Might hatch by a few days."

Hagrid explained to them how it will hatch and then the whole process behind it, while I inspected the egg. 

🗝️⋆·˚ ༘ * 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ⋆·˚ ༘ *🗝️

Then one day, during breakfast, Ron got a letter from Hagrid saying that the egg is hatching. He called me over to the Gryffindor table and I sat next to them.

"What's up?" I asked sitting down. 

"What are you doing here? Everyone has to sit in their respective house's table." Said Granger.

"Well, Granger, here's a new information for you. I asked Minnie and she said that it's completely fine to do that unless it's like a holiday or something. For example: At the end of the year banquet or at the back-to-school feast. " 

"Oh. Alright then." She said before taking a sip of her juice. 

"Anyways, we wanted to tell you that we just got a letter from Hagrid saying that the egg has hatched." 

"Well, that's wonderful, isn't it? Let's go!" I said almost jumping with enthusiasm. 

"No! What about class?" Granger asked. 

"Oh no. We have transfiguration... Minnie will never let me hear the end of it if I don't show up." I said shaking my head.

"Yes, so shall we go during the break?" Harry asked.