12 | Love/Paranoia

song for the chapter

Love/Paranoia, Tame Impala

Later that day Danielle found Hangman wandering around base. The second he saw her he quickly walked over to her.

"So?" he asks looking down at Danielle. Her eyes were slightly pink.
"They're going to be okay. Just staying in the hospital overnight for observation."

Hangman nods and tilts his head. "Are you okay?"
Danielle nods silently. Hangman reaches out and puts his hand on the side of her arm. She looks up at him and he just nods, allowing her to take a step and bury her head in his chest.

"I can't lose her." she closes her eyes and he wraps his arms around her. "I don't know what I would do."

"I know." he rubs her back gently "She's tough, she'll be okay."

"I know." she looks up. "I have to wait till tomorrow for her to be back."
Hangman sighs.

"Then you need a distraction."
Danielle tilts her head.
"Let me take you out."

Danielle squints. "Are you serious?"

Hangman smiles "Yes. Let me take you on a nice date. Take your mind off of things. What do you say?"

"How can I just forget about my friends in the hospital?" Danielle crossed her arms.

"Come on Hart."

"Seresin.. if you call me that one more time.." Danielle sighs. Hangman only smiles in attempt to keep her mood up. "God alright fine." she rolls her eyes.

"I'll see you at 8." Hangman says walking past her. Danielle turns to watch him walk away. She wasn't sure if she should be going. On one hand it would take her mind off of things, on the other, what had happened to Phoenix and Bob really got into her head.

It made her realize how tough the mission really would be, and she wasn't so sure she was prepared. She didn't doubt her skills, only her confidence.

She sighed and started walking towards the exit so she could head home what she heard a voice call out from behind her. She quickly turned around to see Razor waving her down.

"Hey Poison." He smiled "I heard the news, they're gonna be fine." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they walked together.

"Yeah, thank god." Danielle nods "I just need to see them, then I'll feel better."

"They'll be back before you know it." Razor says trying to cheer her up.

Danielle sighs "Finn?" she looks up at him. Razor pauses, looking down at her confused, shocked she used his first name. "I gotta tell you something."

"Go ahead." he nods as they reach the parking lot and stop in place to finish their conversation.

"Hangman he uh, asked me out. For an actual date." she looks up at Razor nervously.

"And you said you'd go?" He raises his brows.

"Maybe. I need help." Danielle covers her face with her hands and groans.

Danielle falls back onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling while Razor takes a seat on the corner.
"So I'm taking Phoenix's place while she's recovering then?"

"You're not taking her place, I just need help from a friend." she sits up and shrugs.

"So what is it exactly he asked you to do?" Razor asks crossing his arms.

"I don't know." Danielle stands from her bed and starts pacing around the room. "He just said 'get your mind off things', what does that entail?"

"Hopefully not what I think.." Razor mumbles.
"What?" Danielle looks at him.
"Nothing." he sighs shaking his head. "Is this a dinner?"

"I have no clue." Danielle throws her hands up. "I still can't tell what all is real."

"What time is he coming over?"
"He just said be ready at eight." Danielle shrugs, sitting back on the bed.

"Sounds like reservations. You need an outfit." Razor stands walking to her closet.

"Razor please, I can barely pick out an outfit myself how can I trust you?" Danielle tilts her head. Razor turns back around to face Danielle, holding a sundress covered in a flower pattern. "You're kidding right?"

"Why do you even have this here?" Razor asks shoving the dress back into the closet.

"I didn't know what I'd be getting into." Danielle shrugs "It's a beach town."

Razor sifts through the clothes on the hangers, wondering why Danielle had brought so many options, until he lands on one. He smiles and takes hold of the hanger, pulling it out of the closet, turning to face Danielle.

"You can never go wrong with a black dress."

A few hours went by consisting of Danielle getting ready for whatever this date had in store. She was nervous, and so far it hadn't been helping her get her mind off of Phoenix and Bob.

Just as she was touching up her makeup a knock comes at the door, as it creaks open, a familiar voice. She looked herself over once more, adding one more swipe of lipgloss, then takes her purse leaving the bathroom.

As she walked down the hall Danielle heard the two men conversing in the living room. What exactly they were talking about she wasn't sure. All she could hear was her heart pounding through her chest and her blood rushing to her ears.

She turns the corner to see Hangman standing in front of Razor, dressed in black dress pants, a button down shirt, holding a jacket over his shoulder. Damn.

The two turn to watch Danielle walk towards them, Razor giving a smile of approval, and Hangman staring in awe. Danielle's eyes shift to Razor giving him a soft smile, before making their way to Hangman's.

"You look nice." He says slowly, avoiding stuttering.

"I was hoping for a little more than nice." Danielle says walking towards the door. "Now let's go, we have reservations don't we?" She smiles back at him, teasing, and he follows quickly after giving a rushed goodbye to Razor.

Helping her into the car, Hangman lets Danielle use his arm for support as well as holds the door open. After, he climbs in starting up the car.

"You really look amazing you know." Hangman smiles at Danielle. She smiles in return, looking down at her purse in her hands.

"Thank you. You look quite nice yourself." She looks back at him, staring into the green of his eyes.

"Nice? I think I was expecting a bit more." He mocks with a smirk, driving down the road to head to the restaurant.

Once arriving, Hangman of course helped Danielle out of the car, and led her to the door. As they walked in Danielle took a long look around. The room was dimly lit with just a few hanging lights above each table. There seemed to be a bottle of wine at almost every table, as well as dishes plated as if they were in a magazine.

"I wasn't expecting all this." Danielle murmured to Hangman as they walk to be seated at their table.

"I wanted to take you somewhere nice. Give you a date you deserved." He smiles taking a seat and picking up the menu.

Danielle watched him for a moment, scanning over the menu. She couldn't believe what was actually happening. Hangman in front of her. At a fancy restaurant. On a proper date. Wow.

The waitress soon comes by asking for drink orders but before Danielle could speak, Hangman orders a bottle of wine.

"A bottle?" Danielle tilts her head "Are you trying to get me drunk?" she asks, taking a sip of the water that had been poured when they sat.

"I just want you to relax. Let me take care of you." The way he spoke the words flowed off his lips like silk. His voice lingering in Danielle's head even after he had finished talking. She wasn't quite sure what was in store for the rest of the night.

A/N:

HII IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN GONE FOREVER.

I was so busy it was insane, I still won't be on a regular publishing schedule but please take this for the time being, I hope you enjoy. Keep an eye out for the next chapter ;)